It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 12:54 AM   #1
(male)

thegoodguyones HB User
White blood cells

Hi thier
What does it mean if you have too many white blood cells?,I recently recived a blood test and was told i have to many white blood cells,could it mean i may b hiv positive.Or would they pick that up.My last possible exposure to hiv was a year ago.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: White blood cells

It could mean a lot of things, mainly an infection going on somewhere withing your body, not necessarily HIV. They would probably want to do a proper HIV test which would have to have been asked for by you with your consent.

If thats whats worrying you, you should go back and ask for a specific HIV blood test, and get to the bottom of why you have too many white blood cells. Didnt the Doctor investigate that further? or explain why you might have? Seems a bit strange they would just say that and let you go away with no further investigations as to why. Go back and ask for a 2nd opinion, you need to check that out. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

plasva HB User

Having increased white blood cells probably does NOT mean HIV. I'd recommend getting tested for HIV, just to know your status, but increased white cells could mean any virus on the face of the planet (mono, a cold, a million others), an infection (urinary tract, strep throat, etc.), inflammation, or nothing at all, and you just tend to have more white cells than most people. Don't panic. What was your white cell count, and which type of white cells were increased? (Just curious.)

Old 08-31-2007, 12:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

There could be many reasons why you have more white cells. I also have more white. My reason is i have Thalassemia Minor. Nothing to worry about if that's yr case.
I'm surprised they didn't tell you what your reason for having them. Go back and ask your doctor more questions.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #5
(male)

ParanoidJosh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodguyones View Post
Hi thier
What does it mean if you have too many white blood cells?,I recently recived a blood test and was told i have to many white blood cells,could it mean i may b hiv positive.Or would they pick that up.My last possible exposure to hiv was a year ago.
Could be a variety of things. When your body produces more white blood cells its to fight off an infection or something in your body that is foreign/harmful.

There's so many reasons this could be happening...

Other symptoms would be helpful

Closed Thread