It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
(female)

someone01 HB User
Please help, multiple symptoms: Uriniary issues/vision problems

For the last month I have been having vision problems, in one eye only. The vision in my right eye just seems "off." What I see out of that eye is whiter, blurrier and just a different color (a little pink.) It causes some dizziness, as my eyes just don't "mesh" well together. My eye Dr found nothing. I feel like I'm slowly losing vision in the eye.

Also, off and on for a few years, I have had months where I strongly feel the need to urinate, even immediately after I go, and often have very little urine production, even when it feels like I have to go the most. Two different urologists and a ton of tests came up with nothing.

Today, I woke up early to a weird muscle sensation/contraction feeling. I had urinated in bed, and was still doing so. I had absolutely no control over it; it just kept happening. I have leaked a little bit since. It was a lot of urine, not just a leak. And I had just gone to the bathroom about an hour before. I have been waking up several times a night to go, for the last few years.

I'm only 30 years old!
My doctors can't find anything, and I'm not going to be able to go to work, or live a normal life if this is going to happen. I am terrified to go to sleep.

What is wrong with me??
The only thing that ever came up in all my Dr tests was an ANA test ratio of 80, which they said might not mean anything, or could be from birth control pills.
It also hurts to be intimate with my bf... that's been going on for a few months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User
Re: Please help, multiple symptoms: Uriniary issues/vision problems

The vision and urinary problems are both symptoms of MS and I believe quite big ones. I don't want to scare you but I would definitly see a neurologist. I can't believe your doctor hasn't suggested this.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:35 AM   #3
(female)

someone01 HB User

I didn't think the urinary problems were symptomatic of MS, but I don't know that much about it, I guess.

When my ANA test came up positive last year, they did a lot of other tests, and said they had ruled out MS and Lupus, and they never brought it up again.

Isn't MS not treatable? I don't know how I can live and work like this.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

Hello again. MS is treatable meaning there are medications to treat the symptoms. Urinary incontinence is a big symptom especially when combined with the vision problems. There are alot of people with alot more knowlegde than me over on the MS boards and they are very supportive and can give you alot more info. Why not jump on over there and ask some questions? You do not need to be diagnosed to go check it out.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Isis498 HB User

I would either go BACK to see your Dr. and ask for a referral to a Neurologist, or make an appt. yourself if possible. Because those symptoms are definitely suspicious of MS. Or, it could be something totally unrelated. But both together are highly suspicious.

MS is notoriously hard for Drs. to diagnose sometimes. Then again, they do not like to have something hinted at like that on your medical records unless it's necessary, because of future insurance coverage problems.

Which brings up another subject, which is not pleasant. If you suspect a major illness that would highly impact your insurance situation, better to take care of it before it becomes part of your medical records.

Good luck to you, please see your Dr. again, or another one until you get some answers.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #6
(female)

someone01 HB User

That's a horrifying thought, that I couldn't change medical insurance!
If I did have something that could become debilitating, I would lose my job.

Thank you, I'll take a look at the MS board. I just felt bad, I mean, not knowing at all what I do or don't have.

The incontinence in general is my biggest worry at the moment, no matter what is causing it, because it's already been a huge drain on me and life in just one day. I can't imagine what I'll do if this is a permanent situtation.

Closed Thread