It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

thewolfden HB User
Test for repetative motion disorder??

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a test that can be taken for repetative motion disorder? I am doing everything I can to help my girlfriend figure out what is going on with her arms and hands. The pain is unbearable sometimes if she does much of anything anymore, whether it be doing the dishes, sweeping the floor or any activity that requires grasping anything. Sometimes just touching the skin on her arm with the slightest pressure hurts her. She says its like a burning sensation. Laying out on the bed and putting her hands under cold pillows sometimes helps but not for very long. I think there must be some kind of test that can be done that actually shows what is going on? I know it is very frustrating for her and I wish I could trade her places. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Test for repetative motion disorder??

the very first place i would start would be at the spinal level,up in the c spine in particular.alot of arm and hand issues actually stem from something not within its normal place or overgrowths of bone called bone spurs which can cause impingment upon the spinal nerves.an MRI of the c spine would at least rule this area in or out as the possible generator/trigger of her pain.what exactly does she feel with regards to all symptoms and just where is this located?given the fact that she has that skin sensitivity and burning,this is really what leads me to think it could be spinal nerve or even cord related.it just sounds like radiculopathy.this is a set of symptoms people will usually get when there is a problem in the c spine.the c spine just needs some looking into.this would be what i would look at first if i was having those symptoms.which i did a few years back and sure enough it was coming from my lower c spine area.an MRI with contrast would just be a good idea at this point.all she has to do is see her doc about this and he can refer her for the test.she really needs these symptoms evaluated.i wish you both luck with this and hope its nothing major.please keep me posted as to what you find out,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2007, 07:01 AM   #3
(female)

thewolfden HB User

thanks for the advice, seems that all her symptoms are in her forearms and work down to her palms. some fingertips are more sensative than others at times. she hasn't mentioned any pain in other areas. i do know she has low blood pressure all her life, and twice over the last three months she has become dizzy with a headache to the point where she is unable to speak for a few minutes. she knows what she wants to say but just can't. we went to the emergency room the first time this happened but they couldn't find anything wrong other than the low blood pressure, and even then one doctor just told her to eat more salt. very frustrating.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

considering her symptoms,all of them,i would also see if she can get a brain MRI with contrast done along with the c spine.you just want to check these two main areas out completely to see if anything 'odd' is going on.her symptoms could indicate a possible brain and or c spine issue,she just needs this checked out and fully evaluated.getting the MRIs done is just a good place to start.please keep me posted,K? FB

Closed Thread