It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
(male)

gg1983 HB User
my breath

SORRY i didnt know where else to ask this....

i am 23 years old and i have a problem with my breath....my saliva stinks or my tonsil stinks i dont know.... when i touch my tonsil with my finger it stinks lol.... now i have had those white "stones" in my tonsils and had to like remove it with my finger or with a qtip or something like that and it kinda went away but now i still seee tiny white stones and like holes in my tonsil and theres some kind of nasty mucus god it makes me sick.....anyway the stones arent as big as they use to be now i honestly dont know what to do..... i have had strepococus? not sure if that is spelled right but i have had type of infection for maybe 4-5 years and maybe 3-4 times a year .....i am a smoker...i want to get rid of this nasty breath! help.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
(female)

coty HB User
Re: my breath

'stones'? are they like white circles? It could be strep throat. Now probably you should stop smoking for the time being and go see a doctor to identify the problem. Also, while you are waiting, do washes and gargoil with salt/water or lysterine (my preference) to start controling the infection. Lysterine will also help with bad breath.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
(female)

babyluv45 HB User

there are things called tonsil stones and these are probably what you are getting. the only cure for them is to get your tonsils removed. good luck!

Old 09-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User

Yeah, it sounds like something my mom gets. Every week or couple of weeks, she gets white spots on her tonsils and has to take them off with a q-tip. Her doctor told her the only way to cure it is to have her tonsils out. But they're not dangerous or anything. He just said she should take the spots off whenever she notices them.

Last edited by SentenceDoing; 09-06-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User

I have literally NEVER heard of removing white spots off your tonsils yourself!!!! No doctor would suggest that!

if you have white spots on your tonsils you have an infection ---and you are sick. You could be spreading germs EVERYWHERE you go. Get your tonsils taken out. It's no big deal and your bad breath will go away...did you know that bad tonsils can cause joint problems later on when you are older? My doc told me that years ago. I was having tonsillitus every winter and he said have them out. I was 27.
Infected tonsils are putting infection into your blood stream right and left. They should always be removed if they are MAKING YOU SICK.

Stop removing the infection spots with a q-tip. What kind of doctor would suggest something like that? You are probably adding bacteria back there by doing that.

there are these hard things that can grow in a tonsil and pop out all of a sudden and man do they smell. If you have those, you will stink up a whole room. Get yourself fixed. AND STOP SMOKING. I mean think about it. Who wants to kiss an ashtray?

when we see white spots on the kid's tonsils we are in doctor's office pronto. and it is always tonsillitis (infection) or STREP....which requires meds.

Last edited by golfhat; 09-06-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User

golfhat--
Because tonsil removal in an adult is so dangerous, this is why my mom's doctor told her to remove the white spots herself (they're not the hard ones, so maybe it's different than what the original poster was asking about) because these spots will cause Tonsilitis. She used to get it all the time until she started removing the spots when she saw them, and she hasn't developed tonsilitis since.

Also, if you have an infection, it's not contagious, so you are not spreading germs everywhere.

Last edited by SentenceDoing; 09-07-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Closed Thread