It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
(female)

LiNz81 HB User
Mass Found On Dads Kindey While Fighting PCP Pneumonia

My Dad is currently in ICU on ventilators and all sorts of other things. We just found out he has Pneumocystis pneumonia which is an opportunistic bug. They also found a mass on his kidney. Could this have caused the PCP? What could the mass be? I'm really scared for my dad. This has been a huge blow. Does anyone have information? Thank you...

Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Mass Found On Dads Kindey While Fighting PCP Pneumonia

I'm so sorry your Dad is so ill. I'm sure the Drs. will be testing the mass, maybe a biopsy, to determine what the mass is and if it's benign or malignant. My prayers are with you, be brave and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

LiNz81 HB User
Re: Mass Found On Dads Kindey While Fighting PCP Pneumonia

Thank you for the response, just to know someone is out there that cares is awesome. They are testing his breathing to see if they can remove his ventilators, but he's fighting it. It may look better tomorrow. His bp is low but that may be due to the sedatives. He is 51 on the 21st and was in really good health. This just came out of no where. Would his immune system be low if the growth wasn't cancer? We won't be able to do any testing until the pcp has let go and his lungs are on the mend. The waiting game is driving me mad...

Closed Thread