It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
(female)

zorich5921 HB User
Confused and looking for help

I am a 41 year old woman. I have been experiencing many pains and problems and have been to a couple of different physicians so far. I am beginning to get very frustrated with the indicision of the doctors. It seems like nobody knows what is going on with me. The problems began approximately a month and a half ago when I began experiencing low back pain and pelvic pressure and pain. I then realized through discussion that I had also been experiencing menstral irregularities (missing a cycle for three months then missing a cycle for four months then having one which brings me current). Back to the present with the pelvic pain/pressure and low back pain. I have also realized that I am experiencing abdominal fullness/bloating, gas, and nausea and pain with sexual intercourse. I have had one pelvic ultrasound which returned with comments that the ovaries could not be seen due to bowels(whatever that means). One doctor thinks I have a gastrointestinal problem and another doctor thinks I may have kidney stones. One doctor noted vaginal fullness while another doctor stated only a cervical cyst was noted. I'm really confused and in pain. Anyone have any ideas????

Last edited by zorich5921; 09-06-2007 at 10:54 PM. Reason: grammatical correction

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Re: Confused and looking for help

These can be all the signs of ovarian cancer. Your OBGYN needs to do a CA125 test ASAP, as well as a vaginal ultrasound, and a gastro consult. I hope you find what's wrong soon, but get the most important things ruled out first. Your doctors need to take this seriously, and if they don't, find a new one quickly. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

I agree whole-heartedly. Those ovaries need to be visualized ASAP. Do NOT allow your doctors to ignore this a minute longer.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
(female)

zorich5921 HB User

Thank you guys for your responses. I was thinking the same thing. However, I have already been to two different doctors and they keep sending me to have other tests done. I will keep you posted on what I find out. Thanks again for your responses!!! It truly helps me believe I am not crazy with my thoughts.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
(female)

zorich5921 HB User

Update.
I have been to another doctor who ordered a renal ultrasound and performed a pelvic ultrasound. Two diagnoses. Pelvic congestion and a 12mm stationary renal stone.
Question???
Why am I having flank pain if the stone is "stationary?" All the articles I have been reading say that if it is stationary, there is no pain. Then WHY am I having PAIN?
HELP!

Old 09-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

I have known MANY people to still have pain. It's ridiculous that docs stick with "common experiences" and not individual ones. I have a hernia, and it hurt! I have several doctors tell me hernias do not hurt. Wrong! Find a doctor that will listen to you. Good Luck!

Old 10-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #7
(female)

zorich5921 HB User

Many thanks for your info! I. sometimes wonder if I'm just a complete idiot or if there are just some doctors out there who aren't concerned for their patients. Maybe you're right, time to find another doctor!

Closed Thread