It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
(male)

appleboy HB User
Basic First Aid

Hi,

any recommended website to learn basic first aid like CPR, Choking etc? Preferably video tutorial too.

I wonder if learn through internet will it be very hard to rescue people? lolx.

Pls advise

Old 09-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Basic First Aid

in order to really know how to do all that is invloved in pre hospital care including CPR/FBAO(unblocking airways)it really does need to be hands on training(you just have to have the experience of what it really feels like to compress someones chest during CPR to really understand the depth,among other things).i would highly advise you to just contact your local chapter of the red cross for any info.they are ALWAYS willing to help out people who are wanting to learn CPR.i used to work for them.they also offer basic first aid classes as well.i commend you for wanting to know this stuff.believe me, you honestly never know when something is going to happen.being prepared is key to a good outcome.there are many things that you could do to help save someones life while just waiting for EMS to arrive that can really make a huge diffference in the patient,and just how well they may recover.

most red cross branches also(once you have that training?)serve their communities inproviding basic first aid for special events in their areas.you could sign up for something like that once you are done and actually use those skills and keep them up.just a thought for you.it is VERY rewarding.just look them up in your phone book and make the call.they will let you know whats up.let me know how things are going. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2007, 01:38 AM   #3
(male)

appleboy HB User

Hi,

Thanks for your reply Will check it out soon

Old 09-11-2007, 07:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Thats really great AB.let me know how things go,K? you are doing a really good thing for the people around you(and for you too).one day,you will be very glad and relieved that you did this. FB

Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

I think it's also possible that a local hospital in your area might teach basic First Aid classes. Either that, or your local park district, wherever you may live, or your local community college or something like that.

Closed Thread