It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

Raeann HB User
Feels like water running down my legs? What in the world?

I've been having the strangest feeling in my legs, it happens whenever. It feels like someone has dumped a glass of cold water down the back of my legs, sometimes it's just one leg. Other times the water feels hot.

One time I was in bed lying down with one of my cats and the sensation woke me up and I thought my kitty had had an accident, that's how real it feels.

What in the world could this be?

Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User
Re: Feels like water running down my legs? What in the world?

pinched nerves? It sounds like something that I went through when I was pregnant. I would have this sudden feeling of a wet spot on my shirt. But it was not wet. It was the strangest sensation. The only thing I could conclude was that it was pinched nerves in my back.

Last edited by Mom22greatkids; 09-10-2007 at 11:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
(female)

Raeann HB User

Thanks Mom 22! I will ask the doc next time I see him.

Have a great day!

Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

this is most likely from some level of nerve involvement.they are called parasthesias.these are a bunch of really odd sensations that you can feel whenever a nerve is not working right or is affected in some way?it can be anything that just feels odd or like something is actually happening to you?it IS a neurological/nerve related thing.do you have any low back or any other level of spinal problems that you are aware of or have been Dxed with?any other odd sensations or outright pain in any other areas? FB

Old 09-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
(female)

Raeann HB User

Thanks for answering!

I have restless legs and take meds for it. Would that have anything to do with it? No lower back pain, no other sensations except restless legs on occasion.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:30 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

are you certain what you have is actually RLS and not something else?some meds can affect our bodies in some really strange ways.have you tried looking up the Rxing literature on the particular med you are taking to check if parasthesias(or odd sensations) are listed as a side effect?just some possibilities for you.

there is an RLS board just a scroll on down from here,maybe someone there is also experiencing what you are,just a thought. FB

Old 09-16-2007, 04:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

I would agree with feelbad....I experienced RLS/odd sensations/unexplained movements for over a year, had a sleep study done and they recorded almost 400 movements per night. Iron supplements and rx meds for restless leg did NOTHING...it was only after I discontinued taking a water pill (for high blood pressure) that these movements/uncomfortable feelings disappeared. I have recently read (in a small study, ie 10 people) that magnesium supplements reduced/eliminated rls. Diurectics can cause electrolyte imbalances (and magnesium deficiencies). I believe that was my experience.

Are you eating a well balanced diet? Are you taking any meds that would "unbalance" your electrolytes? The amount and ratio of calcium, magnesium, and other nutrients is key. Having enough of one and not the other impacts the absorption.

It might be worth something to look into.

Bethsheba

Old 09-16-2007, 07:17 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

the two key things i would be checking are the magnesium ans the potassium levels.you can have these checked at your docs office with some simple bloodwork.my son was affected by both.the low mag reaction was very severe spasming to the point of actual snappy like contortions of his hand one night.very creepy to watch.but low potassium can also cause muscle issues too.just bringing this up to your doc will prompt a few different tests to be run on you.if nothing else,it will rule certain things out so you can move on to other possibilitys.any real Dx is a matter of testing and ruling in or out. FB

Old 10-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #9
(female)

CuriousHuman HB User
Re: Feels like water

Greetings ..
Has anyone gotten any answers about this from a doctor? right now it feels like my right foot is sitting in a pail of cool water, and in about five mins it will be burning hot... felt this way up to the knee yesterday, it moves around.. sometimes its on top of the foot, sometimes underneath, so I sometimes check to see if I did walk in water.. no pain, but still disconcerting.
I do have what feels like a bulging disc or something on my mid-spine, but too afraid to get into an mri this is likely the cause I'm thinking but would be nice to hear if someone actually got an answer rather than everyone guessing
If anyone else has bulging discs etc and has this cold foot/hot foot thing going on, please let me know if it heals on its own and goes away *fingers crossed*
Thanks Peeps
ps- too bad a doctor couldn't be a moderator on this health board

Old 10-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Isis498 HB User
Re: Feels like water

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousHuman View Post
Greetings ..
Has anyone gotten any answers about this from a doctor? right now it feels like my right foot is sitting in a pail of cool water, and in about five mins it will be burning hot... felt this way up to the knee yesterday, it moves around.. sometimes its on top of the foot, sometimes underneath, so I sometimes check to see if I did walk in water.. no pain, but still disconcerting.
I do have what feels like a bulging disc or something on my mid-spine, but too afraid to get into an mri this is likely the cause I'm thinking but would be nice to hear if someone actually got an answer rather than everyone guessing
If anyone else has bulging discs etc and has this cold foot/hot foot thing going on, please let me know if it heals on its own and goes away *fingers crossed*
Thanks Peeps
ps- too bad a doctor couldn't be a moderator on this health board

If you have a bulging disc, you would probably know it, as you would be in a lot of pain most likely.

You may have a B-12 deficiency causing those feelings, I know I did when my level was very low.

Old 10-03-2007, 05:35 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

i think the only true way to really see what may be causeing this would be to at least start with that MRI of the low back or the area you 'feel" may be affected.i know it sucks trying to find out whats up when we have body 'weirdness" but this really does need to be done.what you are describing are whats called paresthesias.these usually stem from some level of nerve affectation somewhere.the key is finding out just where that nerve issue is.the most likely spot considering what you have stated,would be the spine,at some particular level.just so you know,not all herniations or bulges will show up or present first with actual pain,it can be senstions or other neuro type issues.it all depends on just what is actually being affected within the spine itself or the cord.

tho this possibly 'could' self resolve at some point,i would still get that MRI done just to see what may be up back there,espescially if you can actually "feel' something thats just not 'right'.just make an appt with your primary,he or she can refer you for that MRI.just so you know,having any issue within the lower torso areas can also be stemming from actual c t spine issues too.it isn't just low back issues that can cause leg or foot problems,trust me on that one.it just depends on what is actually being affected and how much.just take that very first step with the appt.things could get worse before they would even begin to get better(with some level of actual intervention) the longer you wait on seeing what you may have wrong.nerves are just like that.please let us know just what you find out,K? good luck, FB

Closed Thread