It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 03:14 AM   #1
(female)

scorpio_lady HB User
Question strange symptoms: hot flashes, muscle jerking, only at night.. please help!

in the past 3 years i have experienced this situation 4 taimes (last time it was last night, before that 2 years ago):
- i fall asleep normally, no distrurbances whatsoever
- i wake up after apporx 1 hour and a half, i feel hot flashes
- i need to go to the bathroom, doing nr 2
- in the meantime i can feel and see my leg muscles twitch and shake (visible tremor)
- after apporox 5-10 mins everything stops and i fall asleep normaly

does anybody know what this is about? i just wanna add that i dont have any nightmares whatsoever.

please help.. thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2007, 07:30 AM   #2
(male)

Nexis HB User
Re: strange symptoms: hot flashes, muscle jerking, only at night.. please help!

Are you experiencing excessive sweating and a fever when this happens?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 AM   #3
(female)

scorpio_lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis View Post
Are you experiencing excessive sweating and a fever when this happens?
two times i experienced sweating, something like hot flash when it happens, but last nite there was no sweating whatsoever... any ideas?

Old 09-11-2007, 07:51 AM   #4
(male)

Nexis HB User

I am not sure where you are located, yet if its only at night, from what you have posted and what I know, it could be a post malaria symptom...

Have you been tested for any autoimmune diseases as well? It could also be a collagen disease if you are experiencing a fever that goes a way in the morning...

Old 09-11-2007, 07:55 AM   #5
(female)

scorpio_lady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis View Post
I am not sure where you are located, yet if its only at night, from what you have posted and what I know, it could be a post malaria symptom...

Have you been tested for any autoimmune diseases as well? It could also be a collagen disease if you are experiencing a fever that goes a way in the morning...
no malaria here, that's for sure..
and yet, this happened only 4 times in the past 3 years... before last nite it happened 2 years ago...

i do not have any fever whatsoever...

Old 09-11-2007, 11:26 PM   #6
(male)

Nexis HB User

Are you breathing or gasping for air?

Maybe sleep apnea, if its only happening at night, yet you would be having the your symptoms more often...

If you could list other symptoms, since the ones you indicated is very general...

Old 09-12-2007, 02:28 AM   #7
(female)

scorpio_lady HB User

dear nexis, thank you so much for taking interest in my problem, i really appreciate it :-)

anyhow, these symptoms that i mentioned are the only ones happening in this situation.. nothing more than this, no shortness of breath, no grasping for air...

i don't know whether it will do you some help, but just to let you know that i am asthmatic, i am on seretide for two years now... that is the only medicine i am using regularly...

could these symptoms be MS? i am so scared of it, so i keep thinking about it...

waiting for your comments.. thank you!

Last edited by scorpio_lady; 09-12-2007 at 02:28 AM.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
(male)

Nexis HB User

Interesting enough, I had a discussion today with a neurologist regarding MS...

Its not common in younger adults and more predominate in older adults...

Once you have symptoms of MS, it will escalate and you will have trouble and interference in your waking time, not just a sporadic once a year whilst asleep symptoms...

Since I am unfamiliar with asthmatic conditions, please check either on the internet, via the Asthmatic messageboard on this system (if there is one) or your doctor if that its the side effects from the meds...

It could just be a physical characteristic that you have these symptoms 1 out of 365 days a year... It does NOT seem pathological to me, since you are having no other symptoms...

Old 09-12-2007, 11:45 AM   #9
(female)

scorpio_lady HB User

dear nexis, thank you so much for all the effort you put into solving my problem.. it was a real pleasure reading you

i was glad to see that you don't find it pathological.. it was really reassuring, since my mind was going crazy with MS...

Old 09-13-2007, 12:42 AM   #10
(male)

Nexis HB User

If you find it bothersome and when you do have a chance to see your doctor next, let him know what you told us on the boards; I am sure this will help to see if it is something that needs to be medically addressed...

Everyone has some symptoms that are unusual, yet if its only once in a year or so, I wouldn't see it as a concern...

Since I am not a doctor, yet an informed medical consumer , please take good care of your health and see a doctor if things do not seem right with your health...

Be well...

Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Not MS but I am guessing it is your asthma medication. It is surprising how often medication builds up in the system and from time to time it shows itself differently in people. If I were you I would do some research on seretide...there have been some serious side effects from it...not to worry you but death being one of them. good luck.

Closed Thread