It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 02:31 AM   #1
(male)

Sepul HB User
Sickness after eating

For the past month everytime I eat I get this sick feeling like I'm being choked from the inside, the feeling starts under my ribs on the left side and its like a strangling feeling plus my heart rate shoots up along with my blood pressure, I usally make my self through up to stop this feeling.

I've also noticed a few other things that have started when this did like when I try to have a bowel movement its extremely difficult to pass anything plus when I stand up after setting blood shoots to my head and I have strange heart palpitations, also when I go to pee right before the stream comes out my heart rate shoots up.

About a week of this going on I completely changed my diet and ate very lite meals and begun drinking more water (which I always have) I noticed that even certain lite food such as fish and rice game me this feeling so it seems that specific food does this like pasta, rice, bread and anything with a thick sauce.

To better describe this 10 to 15 minutes after I eat I begin to have a knot like feeling in my upper stomach near my ribs on the left side, my heart rate shoots up as does my blood pressure, I also get a panic like feeling, about 5 minutes after I through up it eases up and goes away.

Any help on what this might be? I went to the ER and had an EKG everything turned out fine with my heart but they treated the whole situation like it was a panic attack which it clearly wasn't because it happens without panic like symptoms as well.

Thank you for reading all this if you've made it this far.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 04:03 AM   #2
(male)

Sepul HB User
Re: Sickness after eating

Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: Sickness after eating

Hi,

Sorry, I have no idea what could be causing this. Do you have a family dr? I would recommend making an appt as soon as possible and going for a series of tests. I'd imagine it could be something with your digestive system, but I honestly have no idea as I've never experienced this or known anybody who has.

Good luck. I really hope you get it figured out soon and that it is nothing too serious.

Closed Thread