It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
(male)

lvlagic5538 HB User
Surgery

On Tuesday the 18th of September, I will be having surgery. I will be getting a metal plate and screws put in me to fix my collar bone. I broke it in 3 places. Has anybody ever had this surgery done? What can I expect pain wise and/or complications. How long will it take to heal? The doctor never really even explained to me anything about the surgery or any complications I may experience or anything. Im not really worried about the surgery itself. Im worried about the after affects after the surgery, like the pain I will be in after it. If anybody could hellp me with this or has experienced this, please do. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Surgery

Good luck with your surgery. I have only fractured(not broke) my collarbone some 40 years ago and that was the most pain I had ever experienced. Surgery was not required but they put me in an odd figure 8 type brace to hold me in proper alignment. It took quite a long time to heal in spite of my younger years...and I can still remember the pain of healing. I was pregnant at the time so could not take anything for pain so I am sure the pain would of been easier if they could of medicated me during the healing process so I guessing that you will be more comfortable. I think you also will be in some sort of special brace during the healing?? but then perhaps in this day and age surgical procedure has been perfected and you won't? anyway good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread