It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 07:11 AM   #1
(female)

not_so_tweety HB User
Question Really need help with chronic bad breath

I am in need of some advice.I need to hear from anyone who suffered from chronic BB and found a solution.I have spent so much money doing so many things. Nothing seems to be working.

I have tried dealing with the possibility of acid reflux, stomach problems and rotten teeth. I had 2 teeth removed and noticed there was no change - in fact it got progressively worse (BB). I then went to another dentist who specializes in BB and he told me that it's very rarely that BB is b/c of tooth decay. He said i had gingivitis and told me scaling would help. I did the scaling - the BB just kept getting worse. I started searching on the net. I found oramd - it didn't work for me. Then I tried therabreath - nada! I have bought so many products and mouth washes that have been recommended by dentist and doctors. Nothing has halped at all. Now i am thinking it's a sinusitis problem b/c the odour comes thru my nose and when i scratch my throat a bad taste comes up in my mouth.

One of the reasons I believe it doesn't help is because i think they are disjointed from the infirmity. All the health professionals I have been to seem to be shrugging off the seriousness of the issue. My breath can be smelt from a few feet away! It smells up the car when I step in. It smells up a room when I step in. People have to move away when I talk to them, so as a result sometimes I just don't talk. I love to hug and be friendly but it's been about 4 years now and I haven;t been able to do those things.

Please offer me your advice if u have one. I was thinking to try the waterpik - it's a bit costly but what the heck?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

john449 HB User
Re: Really need help with chronic bad breath

Maybe is a chronic sinus problem. Has that been checked? Might try talking your doc into an Rx for Flonase or - whats the other one - Nasonex or something like it and use it for 3-4 weeks. But also be good to get an ENT guy to check you out.. Good luck..

Old 09-16-2007, 01:11 AM   #3
(female)

not_so_tweety HB User

Went to the doc today. Got some abtibiotics for the sinusitis. Will c how they pan out.

Can u say what kind of cleansing should i ask for at the health store?

Old 09-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User

Other then seeing your doc have you tried baking soda, it is the best toothpaste in the world for cleaning up the mouth and smells. Just use it like toothpaste and rinse. Taste terrible but works wonders. Sunshine

Old 09-24-2007, 03:33 PM   #5
(female)

dutchyswife HB User

Bad breath can also be caused by stomach and intestinal problems. Are you taking a lot of medications? This could also be the problem. If what your doctor prescribed for you doesn't work ask the doctor about your digestive system.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:32 AM   #6
(male)

china2222 HB User

dear not so tweety,

it may be digestive issue.

if it is, please try hydrochloric acid pills with food.

or it could be candida - in that case you may need caprylic acid / candida treatment.

good luck,

chinaman

Old 10-08-2007, 04:34 AM   #7
(male)

china2222 HB User

it may be digestive - you may need hydrochloric acid tablets taken with food.
it may candida - you may need a candida treatment....

good luck

Old 10-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #8
(male)

ckc27 HB User

not so tweety, I wrote a long piece today in the "Alternative Medicine" forum concerning my positive experience with a Candida Yeast bacteria cleanse. Bad breath was just one of my many symptoms and now they are all gone. Best of luck, Chris.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #9
(female)

cheers1 HB User

my bad breath was cured by herbal medicine called activated charcoal tablets. i bought it online.

Closed Thread