It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

Address7 HB User
Abdominal pulsation

When I lie down, I can see my pulse in my belly. The movement is quite large, you can see it pulsating. Is this normal?

Someone, who isn't a health professional, told me to see a doctor because it could be an aneurysm, but I'd rather not go for something that is probably completely normal. (And I read that aneurysms often don't have any symptoms.)

In the case of an aneurysm, would the pulsation be local, at the place of the aneurysm? (This is not very local.)

Old 09-15-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
(female)

babygirl35565 HB User
Re: Abdominal pulsation

I would say that it is normal,because i have the same thing and if you are tiny you can see it more than others. I don't believe that this would be anything to do with an aneurysm, because like you said they usually don't have symptoms. I wouldn't worry about it,but if it makes you feel better, you can always ask a professional about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 07:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i would at the very least,at your next appt with your doc,just mention it and have it evaluated.you just never know what anything really is til it gets a good look see.i have had some really insanely strange things that have been found to be going on inside of my body just since 2001.you just don't really know whats there til you get it evaluated.i am right now at the lowest weight i have ever been in my life due to my current conditions.92lbs,and i cannot see any sort of actual pulsations in my stomach or elsewhere.this just needs identifying if nothing else.believe me,anneurysms do NOT always present in the very same ways in every person.i had one found inside my brain yet the only real symptom i actually had before the Dx was heat flushes down the back of my head.absolutely no head pain.it all depends on just what is actually being affected and where it is occuring that really will dictate any symptomolgy with any real condition.its just not normal to be able to see your pulse within the abdominal area.if this is just an artery doing its normal thing,it could be your particular anatomy presents it that way.but it should be evaluated by your doc.i would let him or her make the decision that this is indeed just normal for you.they can also send you for a simple ultrasound that would pick up on any areas of increased bloodflow(and aneurysm or blood clot) using the doppler tool they have.at least it would ease your mind or perhaps even find something BEFORE it could become a major issue.considering all the freaky things that have been found inside my own body,it would be better safe than sorry ya know?you just really do not know whats up in any area of your body til you take a look inside in some way.just get it evaluated so you know what it is.good luck and please keep me posted on how things go,K? FB

Old 09-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
(female)

Address7 HB User

Thank you, both.

The thing is, I normally don't go to a doctor very often. I think the last time I've seen one was maybe four years ago. I'm not sure I should schedule an appointment especially for this.

Old 09-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
(female)

Bekah61 HB User

Hey there, I have the same thing in my abdomen my dr. told me it was because I was thin and not to worry so I don't anymore. I know its a weird thing and I was very concerned at the time but now I don't even think about it. But, if it would ease your mind I would go to the dr. to clarify things, take care and best of luck to u. Bekah61

Old 09-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User

I have that also. Started to really notice it after losing 40 lbs. My doctor felt it and sent me for a sonogram which came back normal. He said it's quite normal and I can feel it more now because of the weight loss and not having so much extra 'fluff' covering it. It's worth mentioning to your doctor at your next visit

Old 09-17-2007, 07:24 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

if it has been that long since you have actually even seen a doc,just schedule a physical.every person should be seen at the very least,once a year just to get the basics checked ya know?this is just something you do.it just helps find things that could be lurking in an earlier fashion.you generally take your vehicle in for that tune up once a year,why wouldn't you want to do this for your own body and your overall health?you could just mention that pulsation to him or her and see what they think.chances are that it is indeed just normal for you,but on the otherhand,you wont really know for certain til it gets a good look.just call and make an appt for that physical and let your doc decide if it is 'normal".good luck and please let us know what you find out,K? FB

Old 09-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #8
(female)

rosefroggie HB User

I agree with feelbad. Seeing a general phsyician is good to see once a year. If you have insurance ask them for a doctor they recommend seeing that will be covered by your insurance. Ask for two or three doctors in case you do not like the one that you see that time then the next year you can go see the other ones. I find it good to get a calander I can keep in my purse and a small address book to put in my purse for Dr numbers / and appointments.

Or if necessary ask people you trust and see who they go to. The best Doctors are usually who your friends go to. Here's another thing. If a doctor is booked to the rim he's usually a good doctor. If you are new make sure you tell them you are a new patient it'll get you in the doors sooner then later.

Good luck. N Peace..

Al

Old 10-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #9
(female)

Address7 HB User

You're probably right that it's good to see a doctor every once in a while.

However, I am a student on a university health plan, and the health plan does not cover annual checkups. And since I'm on loans to be here in the first place, seeing a doctor outside the university health center is not really an option.

Either way, my mind has been put at rest by reading that this is something that several other people also have, so I don't worry about it.

Closed Thread