It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
(male)

mrmuscle HB User
my right sided muscles are getting smaller! WHY?

Hi guys im a 23 year old healthy male, and for the past year the muscles including my chest, bicep and tricep seem to be getting noticably smaller. I weight train 3 times a week. But they continue to get smaller. The weird thing is im RIGHT handed? Ive had a CT and there doesnt seem to be any nerve damage. Could any one have a clue whats going on? My left side is also stronger when i train and feels my pumed and hard. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Old 09-22-2007, 04:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: my right sided muscles are getting smaller! WHY?

a CT wont show nerve issues like an MRI can.just where did the CT get done?c spine,thorasic?also,using a contrast medium during the MRI really helps to show all the things that just wont show up without it.i really would try and obtain that MRI from the c spine down thru your T spine at the very least.what you are describing really does sound like muscle atrophy,but it can be casued by many other things besides a nerve issue.an MRI with the contrast,i really think this would be your best bet at this point to really take the best overall look at your spine,down to the nerve and cord level.do you have any pain or other sensation that is a bit off the norm?once you obtain that MRI,you can also be referred for an EMG/NCS.this test will check the muscle and the nerves for possible nerve flow damage.seeing a neurologist may also help identify the problem too.please let me know what you find out,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2007, 04:12 AM   #3
(male)

mrmuscle HB User
Re: my right sided muscles are getting smaller! WHY?

Thanks so much for your repky feelbad. I had an EMG and results were normal. I think i will take your advice and ask for an MRI. I had the CT in the cervical radion and upper thoracic. I wonder if thinking about it too much is making it worse. Its driving me crazy atm.

Closed Thread