It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Shoulder popping

I've been getting into some golf lately and my trailing shoulder (right shoulder) always seems to pop any time i do that kind of full rotation. it doesnt matter the speed, if i rotate my shoulder/arm all the way around, it will pop a few times. it doesn't hurt but i dont want to be deteriorating my shoulder over time. does anything have any advice for me? thanks!

Old 09-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: Shoulder popping

it may not hurt to go to your physician and ask some advice. They may take an X-ray to be sure it's not some physical structure causing the popping. If that's all clear, it could be that you need to strengthen the muscles in your shoulder for better control. Look for exercises that focus on your rotator cuff.. those are great for helping with your golf swing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2007, 09:57 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I agree that it would probably be a good idea to have your shoulder checked by a doctor.

I was having some similar problems earlier in the year. Turned out I have a shoulder subluxation (loosened rotator cuff) that has led to shoulder impingement symdrome. When the rotator cuff came out of place by being loose, it is pinching tendons between bone. I've had chronic inflamation because of this. Early diagnosis and PT and exercise can really help.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #4
(female)

babag1 HB User
Question Re: Shoulder popping

A Joint Dr. Told Me Not To Worry About Grinding And Popping. Because Of My Pain In My Upper Arm From Shoulder To The Elbow, He Diagnosed Me With Rotator Cuff Tendonitis. This Condition Causes The Most Pain While I Am In Bed And Roll Over. Seems Like I Have Some Sloppy Shoulder When Resting (sub Luxation). I Have Been To Therapy For Weeks Now And Will Start Pool Therapy For This Condition. When I Revisited Him After Weeks Of Therapy, He Gave Me A Cortisone Shot In My Back Of The Bad Shoulder. It Has Been Just A Couple Of Days With No Change From Shot Or Therapy. My Pain Is Not In My Shoulder As I Explained To Him. When I Roll Over In Bed The Pain Is In My Upper Arm And Between The Therapy Exercises And Rolling Over, It Leavs My Upper Arm Sore. My Shoulder Does Not Hurt. Perhaps I Am Sleeping On That Shoulder And That Causes The Pain? It's Hard To Be Asleep And Not Roll Over To A Favorite Position... Perhaps He Should Have Given Me The Shot In My Upper Arm.. I Have Had Xrays And He Can't Find Anything Wrong In The Xrays. I Did Not Hurt My Shoulder That I Know Of. Perhaps I Am Just Old (68) And Will Just Have To Live With This Pain. During The Daytime, My Arm Is Fine And Only Sore From Exercising Or From The Night Before. He Did Mention Mri But Declines Any Surgery . Yes!

Old 02-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
(female)

babag1 HB User

4 weeks of physical therapy and two pool therapys and i cortizone shot has my shoulder back to almost new and that is a lot to say for a 68 yr old. i thought the physical therapy that made my arm sore wasn't making anything better. WRONG! just had to hang in there. perhaps i get too lazy in my old age and do not do upper body exercises?
now on to the next oncoming old age problem. it's like an old house, get one thing fixed at a time before there are too many things to fix and the house falls down.

Closed Thread