It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 06:38 AM   #1
(male)

Sidz HB User
I spilled fastbond in the eye....

Hello, this is concerning something that happened to me yesterday afternoon... To cut it short, I got a spray of Fastbond(Liquid Adhesive) in my right eye and now it's still sore... When I did it, it didn't seem to be as sore but now that I've qoken up, it's more sore and my vision is a lil more hazy..

It says on the bottle of FB that you should rinse and flush for 15 mins straight... then seek medical attention... I did the flushing but not the latter...

Should I be more concerned? It says that it can cause BLINDNESS.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: I spilled fastbond in the eye....

I would go to the emergency room.....you only have 2 eyes....you don't want to chance it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 06:49 AM   #3
(male)

Sidz HB User

Thanks you.

It was in my gut feeling to do so.. But at the same time, I've had a small history of docs shrugging me off with barely even looking at me..

Old 09-25-2007, 06:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I think if you go to the ER, they won't shrug you off.....'
I hope you go and come back and tell us it's OK.
otherwise, I will worry.....

Old 09-25-2007, 07:00 AM   #5
(male)

Sidz HB User

Are you sure the ER?

Forgive me, I think you're serious, but this isn't a joke, right?

I just thought that the ER was reserved for other things like people dieing...

Sorry, I never have really been in the ER or even the hosp much.. so I dunno..

Old 09-25-2007, 07:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I agree about the ER.. you don't want to mess around with your eyesight! Keep us updated..

Old 09-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

lol.. I posted just as you did.. the only other option would be if your general physician can see you right away or if there is an Urgent Care center near you that can take your right away. you don't have to be dying to go to the ER.. it's also there for cases in which you need immediate attention where problems can result if you don't get treated in a timely manner.. good luck!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am very serious.....this is something that warrants a trip to the ER.
the ER is for any emergency that you don't want to wait and make an appointment to see a doctor.
although you may end up waiting a long time in the ER, but that's a whole nother subject......

Old 09-25-2007, 07:06 AM   #9
(male)

Sidz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkochic17 View Post
lol.. I posted just as you did.. the only other option would be if your general physician can see you right away or if there is an Urgent Care center near you that can take your right away. you don't have to be dying to go to the ER.. it's also there for cases in which you need immediate attention where problems can result if you don't get treated in a timely manner.. good luck!
Sorry if this may seem a little dense, but would a urgent care center be referred to as a clinic?

Old 09-25-2007, 07:07 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

the others are right,it needs to be evaluated by a doc.if nothing else,right now,try calling your local poison control center.they would be able to tell you everything about that particular product and the possible complications of having it sprayed into an eye.then at the very least,see your primary and have it evaluated or follow what poision control tells you to do.they do know their stuff at PC.whenever a product tells you to avoid the eyes and you happen to get it in there,you DO need to follow up with what it states on the product info.it is there for a good reason.the problem with some chemicals and the eyes is that it is a direct opening thru a mucous membrane and into the eye itself and some chemicals just have some very adverse affects in certain areas of the body.you just really need to know that your eyes were not damaged in some way.this wont always show itself right away.you just need to be sure there are no risks to your eye sight.i wish you luck and hopefully the soreness is all that you will have to deal with from this,but get your eyes checked out just so you know how things are.please let us know how things go,K? FB

Old 09-25-2007, 07:19 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

sidz - can you bring the glue with you so they can see the ingredients?
now get off the computer and get that eye checked!

Old 09-25-2007, 07:20 AM   #12
(male)

Sidz HB User

Wow, thank you guys.. I never would have hoped for such a good responce from ya'll..

I definitely will do something about this now, and I would like to help out somehow in the awareness of health issues and risks..

I was told to go to the clinic due to the fact that I am in a busy city that I'd be waiting all day in the ER.. But I might go there anyway just in case..

Old 09-26-2007, 12:48 AM   #13
(male)

Sidz HB User

I went to the Clinic and had it looked at.. The doc just put a big light to my eye and said it looked fine..

When he put the light to my eye, it made it sort of sore.. Maybe it was just because it was really bright...

I then had an headache/earache on just the side of my head that the eye was on for a few hours till I treated myself and the ache went away...

Found out quite a bit about this product that did this to my eye... seems that I shouldn't even be letting it touch my skin like I have for so many months now... The effects it described on the Material Data Sheet are quite critical...

Just goes to show you how careful you gotta be.. I'll be VERY careful from now on when useing Chemicals... I just hope that the awareness of such risks are brought to attention more often and that we handle stuff properly... I know I wasn't as aware...

Old 09-26-2007, 06:16 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sidz I'm glad everything turned out ok!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:12 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

just an FYI here for ya.but if you can ever get your hands on those MDS sheets,THAT tells every single little detail about any product.when i did haz mat on the FD and we had a chemical call,thats the very first thing we asked for.it contains EVERYTHING you need in an emergent situation.just a thought here,but ANYTIME you are using any sort of chemical,use safety goggles or glasses.they can be bought pretty cheaply these days.you just need to protect your eyes(and other body parts).always take the precautions the product states you should,like wearing gloves when using,protect eyes while using....you get the idea.that stuff is written on the product with usually a pretty good reason.i hope things continue to go well for you.if you are still having any problems with that eye in like a week,go see an eye doc just to make certain your eye did not sustain any sort of real damage.they have ways of really looking very deeply into the eye itself that regular docs offices just do not have.good luck and please let us know how you are doing. FB

Closed Thread