It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
(female)

asmb5588 HB User
Reaction to Prednisone!

Hi,

I am experiencing some severe reactions to Prednisone! I can't sleep, I am sweating, my body hurts, my skin is tingling. My face feels puffy! HEADACHE!

I left work because I am having severe mood swings, anxiety, cannot focus at all. I feel paranoid. What is going wrong with me? Is this normal? I was on 60 milligrams a day for one week. I feel very sad, depressed and paranoid. When is this going to stop?

Please help,
Alison

Old 09-26-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: Reaction to Prednisone!

Sadly prendisone causes these side effects.Not able to sleep .paranoid thoughts, depressed, restless, hyper ,mood swings. increased appetite. The symptoms will stop when you stop the prendisone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2007, 06:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Reaction to Prednisone!

i do think at the very least,you really do need to just contact the docs office of whoever Rxed this for you in the first place and tell them just what you are experiencing right now.while some of youer symptoms would be or could be just normal for pred(it can get icky at times with this stuff) i do think your doc would want to know this.they can maybe taper you down a bit on the overall dosage you are currently taking.believe me,the amount of pred that you take does matter as far as symptoms.we went thru this with my son when he had his liver transplant,he was on very high doses right after and over the course of months was weaned down.you could just really see the differences in him as far as getting less and less pred over that taper period.maybe some adjustments with your dose could help.just what are you taking that high dose of pred for?what condition is being treated? FB

Closed Thread