It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 12:45 AM   #1
(male)

grapejuice HB User
weird pain in neck and ear problems please help me

im new here i registered because im worried about my neck/throat and my right ear.

first of all, there has been a weird pain in a weird spot for i think 2 days now? you know how if you bite down on something, theres like a ball of muscle that goes out by your jaw? well right behind that, theres a weird pain i have. its hard to explain where it is, its like if you take your pointer finger, put it on your ear lobe, and follow it down to your jaw bone, but on the inside. like under the chin. i hope im making this clear enough.
it doesnt feel swollen or bigger or anything, just sore. kind of like if you pull a muscle. the only thing i can remember is that i moved my neck really fast and got a pain, but it wasnt exactly on that spot.
it doesnt hurt if i swallow, it just hurts if i touch that area, or if i look directly up with my mouth open and then close my mouth.

also i have another pain on the right side, its my ear. i think i have tinnitus, sometimes out of nowhere ill hear a reeeeeally high pitched beep in my ear and then its hard to hear out of it for the next 5 seconds. lately this has not been happening but i feel alot of pressure on both my ears like they are about to pop. it is uncomfortable. sometimes i get headaches too. this has been happening for a month. it happens alot when i eat sunflower seeds.

i am 16 years old please help me i hope i have nothing serious

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2007, 05:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
Re: weird pain in neck and ear problems please help me

The spot that you're describing is called the temporomandibular joint, or TMJ. Sometimes when it's inflamed or locks up (like mine), it causes pain. Sometimes this is caused by an initial trauma, other times not. It can be aggravated by chewy things (like crusty rolls, bagels, or gum). It can also cause the ear pain you are describing.

You can talk to your dentist about it, mine was very helpful. There is also a great TMJ forum here on Healthboards.

The Following User Says Thank You to dustoffkid For This Useful Post:
sammysmith (02-16-2012)
Old 09-28-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
(male)

grapejuice HB User
Re: weird pain in neck and ear problems please help me

its not the temporomandibular joint, here let me try to explain, it might be the
Digastric muscle, but on the right side of under my jaw. or its one of the Suprahyoid muscles. my mom told me its a swollen gland or something? im really confused but its not a tmj

Closed Thread