It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
(male)

jetse HB User
Mouth Ulcers

Hi, ive had an ulcer for about a week now its located on my lower cheek (opposite my lower teeth incisors) and its quite big its like an oval shape and sometimes its sore and sometimes it isnt, like now for instance it isnt sore but when i poke at the bottom edge of the ulcer with my tongue it has a slight sting.

Do i have an ulcer due to stress? i have been quite stressed this past week due to school and other things.

i have been holding water in my mouth and pushing it against my ulcer is that bad for the ulcer? does it make it bigger?

ive tried salt and warm water, im not sure if it works or not because it has stopped stinging.

if it stops hurting does it mean that its healing?

and i read online that ulcers that dont heal can lead up to cancer.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #2
(female)

babyluv45 HB User
Re: Mouth Ulcers

it is probably just a canker sore. they can be annoying, but usually dont indicate anything serious. try a numbing medication and see your doc if it doesnt go away soon. the reasons for these sores arent really known. i get them all the time and it is very frustrating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
(male)

jetse HB User
Re: Mouth Ulcers

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyluv45;323***5
it is probably just a canker sore. they can be annoying, but usually dont indicate anything serious. try a numbing medication and see your doc if it doesnt go away soon. the reasons for these sores arent really known. i get them all the time and it is very frustrating.

its nearly been two weeks now, and all thats happened is that its stopped being sore. Is that a sign of the ulcer healing?

Closed Thread