It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 03:41 AM   #1
(male)

danb_44 HB User
Allergy Problems...

I have had this problem for a good 6 - 7 years now and im getting to the point where i really need to sort it out or jut find out an answer as to what is causing it. Anyway i live in London now and come back up to Birmingham every so often to visit family. When i used to live at home, I used to have very bad allergic reactions, which were especially bad in the morning. I would have a very tight chest and my nose would be running all night. This would happen most nights of the week and every so often i would have a night where it randomly would not happen.

The runny nose would be terrible and would be woken up during the night from this and i have no managed to get an inhaler to sort out the tightness in the chest. What i have noticed over the years is that it is particulary bad when im asleep and in the morning i feel terrible, but slowly gets better as the day progresses. Now that i live in London i never get the problem and feel fine every single morning but when i come back home, i always feel like i have got a severe cold! We have got a pet rabbit, which i have previously had allergic reactions too, but we keep that well away from the house now and that doesnt really affect my breathing if i am in contact with him. My Mum has even changed all my bedsheets and vacuumed all my room for dust, but still to no avail. My girlfriend suggested that it could be the pollen count around my area as there are fields about half a mile away. I would just like to have an idea as to what might be causing this as over the years it has baffled me - without it sounding too bad im lucky not to be living at home now as even when im back for 2 days i get the same problems.

Look forward to your responses.

Many thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: Allergy Problems...

I suggest talking to an allergist to find out what you are allergic to, there are tests they can do. I agree it sounds like something in the area, some kind of pollen. If it was dust or such you would have the reaction in London too. There are probably some plants/trees or other source that you are allergic to in Birmingham that is not in London.

Closed Thread