It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
(male)

Rustam HB User
Sciatica

What is Sciatica,and what are the symptoms?Is it cureable??

Old 10-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Sciatica

Sciatica is pressure or pain that is caused by pressure being placed on the sciatic nerve. It usually starts in the small of the back and travels over the butt and down the back of the leg. It is a symptom of problem and can be cured.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

It can indicate things such as pinced or ruptured discs. It can be treated, and sometimes pain meds, anti-inflammatories, and rest will help. Also, sleep on your back with a pillow under your knees, or on your side with a pillow between your knees. Both can help relieve the pain and pressure on the nerve.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #4
(male)

Rustam HB User

Thanks for attention.But the question is that either this pain belongs to spine or muscles only??I have the same symptom,pain starts from butts and radiates down words.
My Dr told me for MRI.Will he operate or it can be treated with medicines??

Old 10-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
(male)

dave83 HB User

Good Luck Rustam.

I'm convinced my burning pain is related to the sciatic nerve. For little less than a year now I have been dealing with pain extending from my left buttock all the way down to my foot. Sitting and laying down always trigger it. I have had an EMG which was negative, and the neurosurgeon doesn't see any disc problems. She also doesn't see anything necessarily pressing on the spine. I take Lyrica which takes the edge off slightly. I did PT which didn't improve the pain. I also experience tightness on the leg when I wake up in the morning, especially near my ITBand. Although I'm not convinced it's ITB syndrome. It's sensitive to lay on that side as well. I have no problems with numbness or tingling. I was diagnosed with spina bifida oculta as a child, although the neurosurgeon doesn't see any relation. She was concerned that surgical scar tissue could possibly be the cause. Any help? Could it be blood clots? Thanks.

Closed Thread