It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
(male)

scuba772spear HB User
FunnyBone

i was recently playing raquet ball and i whacked my "funny bone" with the raquet pretty hard and instantly my pinky and ring finger were completely numb and they kinda clamped up on me. it was like that for a couple minutes and i had to work the feeling back into them. its been a couple days since than but there is a lump on my elbow and if i press on it the wrong way those two fingers and what feels like the whole lower half of my arm goes numb... is this serious? or will it eventually go away?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: FunnyBone

you most likely just bruised the area surrounding the ulnar nerve(the ulnar correlates to the last two fingers of our hands).the fact that you do indeed have a raised lump would support this.it will probably take about a week or two for thisto kind of 'right' itself.anti inflammatory meds like advil or aleeve could help some in reducing the overall inflammation.if you are still having problems like after that two weeks is up,just see your doc and have the area evaluated.there is always the possibility you could have actually damaged that nerve some,or even chipped that bone.it all depends on how much force was used and how the nerve may have pushed into the bone.but in most cases,this would clear up on its own once it gets over that 'trauma' done to it.just take it easy with bending that area for awhile and see how it goes.good luck and please let me know how things are going,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
(male)

Gar2007 HB User

A couple of years ago I hit my funny bone on the closet door, really bad. A few hours later I went to the movies and it was still a little numb and tingling. Now that funny bone is really sensitive and doesnt take much to make my arm numb if I hit my funny bone. Never had any swelling and never had it checked. How does your elbow feel now?

Old 10-23-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
(male)

scuba772spear HB User

well, it never swelled up or anything. but like you said its really sensitive and if i hit it on something or even rub it in a certain spot on anything my lower hand and arm go numb

Old 10-24-2007, 04:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

lasting symptoms would generally mean possible real damage of some level,i think you both should have your elbows evaluated.you could have actually damaged a nerve or chipped a bone that is intermittantly irritating that nerve.just something to think about.some damage can heal on its own but some could become worse,it all depends on just what is actually causing the intermittant symptoms in you.does anything you do make it worse or better? FB

Closed Thread