It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
(male)

Tsekt HB User
About POTS, ADHD and Disability

I see. Sorry for that.

Noted.

Last edited by Tsekt; 10-11-2007 at 01:19 AM. Reason: do not use real name on these boards.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:18 AM   #2
(male)

Tsekt HB User
Re: About POTS, ADHD and Disability

Hey everyone. [removed] I'm 20 years old and from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

I've been diagnosed with POTS(Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) for about 2 years now. I was 18 then and still under my parents insurance. When I turned 19, I got taken off my parent's insurance and wasn't able to pay for medicine because I wasn't working because..

1. It was hard working on my feet 8 hours a day, let alone standing for just 10 minutes due to the POTS. Even when I'm not working or on my feet for awhile, I still get headaches, shallow breathing, fatigue. I never passed out, but I can't do any heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, walking up stairs, etc etc. I've got very close to passing out multiple times. A result of all of this causes a lot of stress and anxiety to my mental state and physical state. I'm also a heavy smoker, which doesn't really contribute to much of anything.

2. I've been diagnosed with ADHD since I was very very young. Learning disability, disorganization, I have horrible memory, it's really hard to pay attention when other things are going on in the same room. Pretty much that causes more stress and more anxiety on top of the POTS. (Note. I stopped taking meds for ADHD since I was in Middle School. I didn't like the way it made my body feel (Maybe it had something to do with the POTS, I dunno) but I won't take medicine for ADHD. ) Another note is, it wouldn't matter anyway because I dont have any insurance.

3. I haven't been diagnosed with this, but I feel that I have a lot of social anxiety which causes depression. Just coming on here and typing this was pretty hard for me to do.

So here is my problem.

Working 8 hours on my feet is definitely not an option. Being in a social environment terrifies me to no end. I can barely look into people's eyes without having a panic attack. Having learning disabilities, being disorganized in thought process and having memory/attention problems, it makes things really hard for me to handle.. physically and mentally. All of this causes too much stress and it just builds up and builds up and then I just get depressed because I have no job, no car, no insurance, no life. I don't know what to do. And because I have no insurance and its hard to work due to the above, I 'm just stuck.

What should I think about?

Is disability an option?

Last edited by Tsekt; 10-11-2007 at 01:19 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tsekt For This Useful Post:
Life With POTS (02-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread