It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
(male)

Yeti HB User
Any Help Would Really Be Appreciated

Hi.

First time posting here, although I've been a 'lurker' for quite some time. This is gonna be a long post, but I'd be most grateful if I could get some feedback. I'm a 22 year old male, don’t drink or smoke, and in good health (I hope).

It all started in June of this year. It was a Saturday and I woke up with this strange feeling in my lower abdomen on the left side. The best way I could describe it is that it felt like a stitch. It was constant, meaning it stayed with me the entire day. It was pretty painful, but my appetite and motivation were still very much intact. Then when I woke up on Sunday morning, lo and behold, it was gone!

Now, since then really, I have little 'aches' (that's the best way I can describe them) that occasionally strike me in the same place, on the right side of my abdomen, too, (although mostly in my left) in my lower back (again, on both sides), down to my groin (mostly left side), my inner thigh (both sides equally) and sometimes in my side, just above the hips. I've also found, particularly when it first surfaced in June, that my left testicle sometimes aches. But the feelings aren’t constant like they were that 'odd' day in June. They only last for a few seconds, then disappear. In fact, sometimes I don't even have any feelings for a month, then they come back for a split second, then go again.

Also, sometimes when I would urinate first thing in the morning I would get a slight (and ever so slight) burning sensation in my left groin. I don't really get that anymore.

Of course, the duration of it all has set my mind racing. I've always been pretty paranoid in regards to health, so naturally I think that Kidney Cancer is the culprit.

I went to the Doctor last week (Friday) and he did a urine test (testing for blood, I presume) and found nothing. He also had a feel around my abdomen and again, found nothing. He suspects a small kidney stone is the cause, and has sent me off for a scan. I'm waiting for the appointment to arrive through the post.

What d'you think it could be?

P.S. If you've arrived here, thanks for reading

Double P.S. I've posted this thread twice, but I don't know how to delete the other one

Last edited by Yeti; 10-14-2007 at 01:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 05:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User
Re: Any Help Would Really Be Appreciated

Kidney stone, is my first thought also. Sometimes you can pass them through, that can cause stinging in passing.So lets see what happens with your results. At least your urine results came back clear, so thats good news , no infection there., guessing thats what he tested for.
Gotta find out what these cramps are, Did he say what his checking for?? Keep us posted with yr results.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:51 AM   #3
(male)

Yeti HB User

Thanks for the 21 views. No replys, though. Now that is strange.

Also, I'm sorry about posting this thread twice. I would delete it, but I really don't know how.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Hi Yeti,
looks like we both posted at the same time.
How you feeling today ??

Old 10-15-2007, 05:58 AM   #5
(male)

Yeti HB User

Alright today, no difference really.

I really don't know what the Doctor is looking for, I presume a stone. I hope a stone! I mean, Cancer is my main worry, but why have real bad cramping pains for one day, then never again for four months and counting. Before that day in June, I never had any health complaints. It came out of the blue. It doesn't sound characteristic of Kidney Cancer. I mean, I thought Kidney Cancer was notorious for causing no symptoms in its early stages.

Very strange.

Last edited by Yeti; 10-15-2007 at 06:01 AM.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:16 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Try not to worry so much, although easier said than done.
I really dont think its anything to serious., My unprofessinal opinion of course.
I'm still guessing stones. My sister in law is going through the exact same symptoms as you. Hope yr results are good.
As for yr other post. I dont think yr able to delete it anyway..So Dont even worry bout it.

Closed Thread