It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
(male)

Dday110 HB User
ribcage measurements

Hi,
Over the past couple of weeks i have been extremely concerned about the appearance of my ribcage. It seems to be much bigger than other boys my age (17). I have had asthma since i was born but I never felt as if it was causing my ribcage to expand. Being a relatively skinny kid, this is a real bother because my ribcage clearly sticks out. My ribcage circumference is 31 inch around. 7 inch on the sides, 9 inches on the front and back. The condition is messing up my posture for i always have to slouch somewhat to hide the condition. So it would really help if anyone shared their own experiences or are willing to post their own ribcage measurements simply for comparison. Also, does anybody know how to decrease the size of the ribcage. I have done alot of online research and found the condition is called Barrel chest which is related to asthma, but i am really looking for information from others right now. It would be much appreciated if some people would post their ribcage measurements. I know it sounds dumb but i want to know whether i have an actual problem in which case i should seek some medical help. Thanks for taking the time :]

Closed Thread