It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
(female)

noluckttc HB User
Thumbs down stomach problems or enlarged spleen?

this may be somewhat long, i apologize.

sept 28th i was in a bad car accident, totaled my car and got ambulanced, yadda yadda yadda. i had a ton of xrays taken and then i got released when they saw nothing broken.

the next day the ER doctor called and told me to go to the local ER immediately because in an xray they saw that my spleen looked a little enlarged. i went to the local ER and got a CT scan and they said it was fine.

since the crappy events, i developed pneumonia this past weekend and was put on antibiotics (clarithromycin) ,a steroid (methylPREDNIsolone), and cough syrup with codeine.

could the antibiotics be affecting my stomach or my insides? i do eat when i take them because the first night i was on them i threw up from not eating with them.

but i'm starting to think it might not be my stomach. i am a server and i started back at work on monday. it's hard to do these days. i'm not sure if it's just me still recovering from the accident and the illness or what, but when i pick up trays, i get pain in the area where my spleen is. carrying anything heavy is painful. also, i have been feeling very bloated and full, even when i'm not eating anything and it gets very bad when i do make myself eat. i have a constant dull ache in the left side of my back and up my shoulder. (in fact, i went to the doctor because of that and he just took an xray of my shoulder...idiots.)

i don't know if i should wait to see if it goes away when i'm done with these medications (i still have 5 days of them...) or if i should make an appointment soon. i did look up enlarged spleen symptoms and it is almost exactly what i have but i don't want to go to the ER again if it really is something simple like the medications making me a little blah. the frequent trips are really killing me on money.

any help would be wonderful... thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread