It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Husband worried me now :(

My Husband just scared me..
We were talking about sleeping, and he comes to bed usually with me and i always fall to sleep befre him, as he watches television.

He said that last night he noticed that i stop breathing a lot. He watched me and said it was like every few seconds. I know this as i sometimes wake myself up not breathing, its horrible. I was under a cardiologist for a year last year, and he said my heart is in perfect condition. But im on Prozac for anxiety and shortness of breath, im wondering if its connected.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User
Re: Husband worried me now :(

I would talk to your doctor about you having sleep apnea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

i think i do have that. I lost a lot of weight in the last year , and it got a whole lot better, but it obviously hasnt gone away.

Is that dangerous?

Old 10-21-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User

Well, anytime you stop breathing, even for little while, can be dangerous. Again I suggest you talk to your doctor. My father was diagnosed with sleep apnea and he sleeps with a machine that gives him oxygen throughout the night.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

My hubby has sleep apnea and was not breathing for anywhere from 15 to 67 seconds at a time. When he got his cpap machine it made all the difference in the world. He said that he didn't realize how tired he really was.

So, it might be something that you want to go back and readress. If you were diagnosed with it, did you do the sleep study? If so, what were the results. Were they bad enough that they recommended a cpap? Losing weight helped-as you know-, but that will only take care of part of the problem. If your hubby said that you are still having numerous episodes, I would get back with the doctor and get it resolved. It's not good for your health.

Closed Thread