It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 01:57 AM   #1
(male)

anonymous111 HB User
sore that wont heal

A few years ago i had a large, puss filled somethingorother that i went to the hospital for and had drained. It was located a couple inches from my anus and from time to time has filled with puss and popped on its own. Lately I have noticed that there feels like there is some sort of hard tissue attached to the sore that feels like a string or cord going under the skin from the sore towards the anus. I am frightened and embarrassed. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 07:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: sore that wont heal

Maybe its an ingrowing hair and thats what you can feel. Unless you have a cyst sac taken out, it can fill up at any time in the future. Go ack to your Doc and ask them to do a minor operation where they remove the whole sac, that way you shouldnt have anymore problems with it. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
(male)

anonymous111 HB User

but this string/chord is about a quarter of an inch thick and atleast and inch long (maybe longer, can only feel up to the anus). Is this size consistent with an ingrown hair?

Old 10-22-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I.m not sure to be honest but something that strange should be investigated or it could turn really bad. Good luck

Old 10-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User

It's called a pilonidal cyst. The "cord" is probably the channel through which the pus drains to the surface of the skin. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. They're very common. My husband and son both have had them. My son got his surgically repaired. My husband's flares up periodically, and to date, he just deals with it when it does.

If you want yours gone for good, see a general surgeon or a colorectal surgeon about repairing it.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
(male)

anonymous111 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
It's called a pilonidal cyst. The "cord" is probably the channel through which the pus drains to the surface of the skin. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. They're very common. My husband and son both have had them. My son got his surgically repaired. My husband's flares up periodically, and to date, he just deals with it when it does.

If you want yours gone for good, see a general surgeon or a colorectal surgeon about repairing it.
Thank you for the information. Is that common for something this size/length (like the size of a finger)? Also, I have no pain...just this long lump attached to the sore and receding to where i cannot feel it anymore with my finger.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:52 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Anonymous,

Go to the Doc , get it sorted out, im sure its fine, dont waste time worrying about it, the other poster seemed to recognise it well. So now is the time to go get it sorted. GOOD LUCK

Closed Thread