It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 06:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Whats the matter with me :( ?

Ive had a really sore back at base of spine for 2 weeks now, im seeing an osteopath but it isnt getting any better.

I had a Urinary tract infection last week, was given some strong antibiotics which hasnt really cleared it up completely.

Now last 36 hours ive had a diarroeah bug. I havent eaten and feel weak, im having plenty of liquids to rehydrate myself, i havent vomitted, but feel weak. My tummy is aching and i have stomach cramps. I was with my Mother in law last week who is getting over a bad stomach bug. Any suggestions please?

Old 10-22-2007, 08:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Whats the matter with me :( ?

Usually a sore back accompanied by a UTI is related to a kidney infection. Have you been retested for the UTI? Sore backs and UTI's go hand in hand and often lead to kidney infections which are nothing to mess around with. And if you have the runs on top of it, your system is over stressed.

I would lay low, stay on a bland diet, plenty of fluids and get retested for the UTI.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Thanks I bake,

Doc just told me the antibiotic he gave me wasnt sensitive to my bug, so now i have to go on a different one i hate taking them, they make me feel crappy and im narrowing down what i CAN tolerate, which could be dangerous.

I spoke to my childs godmother who is a pharmacist, she suggested i give it a 24hr break and dont start on the different antibiotic till then, as this stomach bug has ripped my tummy to bits. Im eating some priobotic yoghurt, which im hoping wont go straight thru my stomach, ill do that for a day then maybe take the other meds. I feel really grotty at the moment, what with the uti, stomach bug, and today my period doesnt rain it pours huh? i just want to feel well enough to eat, so im not feeling so light headed and weak .

Last edited by Worrybucket; 10-22-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Oh you poor thing.

Hope you get on top of this soon sounds like you've through it all this week.
Often meds can make you alot worse before they get you better.
Healthy days to you..

Closed Thread