It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
(male)

Jason27 HB User
I just don't want to go out anymore

Well to make a long story short when I was 20 - 23 I was a model and to me work was only to make money so I really didn't like it. I only wanted to have fun and hang out with friends. However during this time a ton of unexpected things happened all at once that changed my life and got me in a ton of debt. Afterwards I worked hard to create my own business during this time and for the past six years I have never gone out. I am now nearly 28 and all I do is work and go to the gym only for health reasons. I basically live on the internet and I get more satisfaction out of creating successful sites and programming new ideas that no one has ever thought of. I make a lot of money and when I have the choice of making more money or going out and wasting it I always choose to keep working.

So I am the exact opposite of what I was when I was younger. It seems like every time I want to relax and take it easy, bad things happen with my business and then my incompetent staff members cannot take care of the problem even though I have taught them over and over what to do in such cases. That is the difference between followers and leaders, and it seems that my staff are followers in a leadership role and they cannot think for themselves. Hiring someone who is a leader would be too busy managing their own business and who want $50+ per hour for their attendance is too much.

Anyway, to sum it all up I really do not want to go anywhere and just have fun. Anytime I take my mind off of my business I lose money. I fear that I will be put back into the same situation where I lost it all 6 years ago so the second something happens I stop everything and fix the problem before it is too late. Also due to all of my accomplishments that I have earned on my own I really do not like the "idiots" at the club who have no ambition in life and just want to drink and party. I just feel like I do not fit with that crowd but that is the only way to meet people since I am isolated from the outside world due to my home business.

Last edited by Jason27; 10-24-2007 at 10:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
(female)

brisson1 HB User
Re: I just don't want to go out anymore

I can see how you have the fear of "losing it all" but you have to make time for fun too. Getting out there and meeting people is a really important part of life. Everybody must have some balance in their life, you know what they say "all work and no play!"

Old 10-25-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Money is not the only thing in life, and it cannot take the place of relationships with people. You are replacing people with money. This may work for awhile, but do you want to spend your days with just the internet and money?

You also adopt a very arrogant tone that states that "you are the only one who can do things right." You won't make many friends with that attitude. I know you have a fear of losing everything again, but there is a balance in the middle between. Put aside enough money so that you won't have to worry again, then try to loosen up a bit. There are wonderful people in this world that just might amaze you....

Old 10-25-2007, 08:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

do what you enjoy......if you're happy working that's great.....everyone should enjoy their job that much

maybe you're just an introvert and there is nothing wrong with that.

Closed Thread