It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

evan_us56 HB User
Does anyone know?

Hi,
Does anyone here have a suggestion for a good Medicare supplement at a reasonable cost? I know Medicare does not cover everything. Do supplements generally cover drugs? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Barbara_Ann HB UserBarbara_Ann HB User
Re: Does anyone know?

There is a very good discounted health care network. It's not insurance per se'. It is a network of all types of health care professionals around the nation that participate in it. Everything from general practitioners, chiropractors, eye doctors, dentist and oral surgeons, podiatrists, you name it. It's large, established, and must be good because it is growing like crazy. You can go to their site, the name is Care Entree' (careentree. something I believe). You can key in your zip code and it will pull up all the professionals in your vicinity that participate. They have different programs you can choose from. I'm not in it yet but am going to join next year when I take early retirment and will not be covered by medicare. The plan I'm going to choose is the $49.95 a month plan - will cover my doctor visits, lab work etc.

My son in Maine and his wife joined it because they have no group insurance and needed a way to afford health care.

A friend of mine in Jacksonville, FL told me about it. Her fiancee' is a member and is in the plan that I'm going to choose. She said it is really good co-pay - he had to have an ultra-sound that ran $350.00 total - his portion was $75.00. That's about as good as my current group insurance coverage.

It's not actually insurance remember. It's discounted health care from a network of health care providers nationwide.

Another way to search for it is try keying in "discounted health care" and see what pulls up.

It's worth checking out.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Barbara_Ann; 10-26-2007 at 02:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread