It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #1
(female)

wendyla11 HB User
How long does it take an antibiotic to be absorbed so I can vomit

How long does it take an antibiotic to be absorbed so I can vomit

Old 10-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Re: How long does it take an antibiotic to be absorbed so I can vomit

Why do you need to vomit. Are you just feeling sick from the medicine? Or sick because you are ill? Or is it because you are bulimic? What kind of antibiotic are you on? And what are you treating?
Bella

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
(female)

wendyla11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoos View Post
Why do you need to vomit. Are you just feeling sick from the medicine? Or sick because you are ill? Or is it because you are bulimic? What kind of antibiotic are you on? And what are you treating?
Bella

Old 10-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #4
(female)

wendyla11 HB User

I have been ill with strep throat and have been vomitting. I was just scared I would not keep the antibiotic down and would not get better. Luckily, I have kept it down and am hopefully on the road to recovery. Thank you for your reply.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

my son has a liver transplant and has to take many meds thru out the day.when he became sick and was vomiting pretty badly,his transplant coordinator told me that he needed to be able to hold down his meds for at least an hour for them to be mostly absorbed enough thru his stomach.so i am guessing for most meds(unless the particular anti b is some sort of a time release thing)it would be about an hour or so?give or take.you could call your pharmacy where you got the Rx filled and ask them about it.there could be some level of variability depending on the particular coating or make up of the anti B itself.the pharms would know.hope you feel better soon. FB

Old 10-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
(female)

wendyla11 HB User

Thank you so much for responding. Now that I have kept down a couple of meds, I don't feel so sick to my stomach so hopefully I will recover soon. I hope your son is doing well and I wish him a speady recovery.

Closed Thread