It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
(female)

BH127 HB User
Need help, but afraid of doctors

I'm feeling very poorly at the minute. I'm seeing my doctor next week, but I wonder if anyone can give me any advice in the meantime.

Symptoms:

Severe Dizziness
Severe Nausea
Intermittent Headaches through the day
Hot Flushes evey 30mins-1hour
rectal bleeding every time I pass stool (blood about 1-2inches in diameter on toilet tissue and usually dark red. Sometimes lighter. Sometimes there is pain when passing stools but not always)
abdominal pains (central, below my belly button)

I have a phobia of doctors, so I haven't been to one in a long time. I know it's wrong of me, but I can't help an irrational fear. Hence I haven't been to a doctor in years.

Symptoms started:

Severe Dizziness - 3 weeks ago
Severe Nausea - 3 weeks ago
Intermittent Headaches - 3/4 months ago
Hot Flushes evey 30mins-1hour - last week
rectal bleeding - over 12 months ago
abdominal pains- 6 weeks ago

I don't know if any of these are connected, but it's how I'm feeling now. I'm in my early 20s and I'm not on any medication. It's getting to the point where I am struggling to exert much effort for anything. I'm tired all the time, I feel weak and sick. Every day I'm trying not to vomit, and the nausea and dizziness is horrendous.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
(female)

TerriD HB User
Re: Need help, but afraid of doctors

I'm sorry you've been feeling so badly. Did you see the dr? What was the result?

Terri

Last edited by TerriD; 11-06-2007 at 05:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH127 View Post
I'm feeling very poorly at the minute. I'm seeing my doctor next week, but I wonder if anyone can give me any advice in the meantime.

Symptoms:

Severe Dizziness
Severe Nausea
Intermittent Headaches through the day
Hot Flushes evey 30mins-1hour
rectal bleeding every time I pass stool (blood about 1-2inches in diameter on toilet tissue and usually dark red. Sometimes lighter. Sometimes there is pain when passing stools but not always)
abdominal pains (central, below my belly button)

I have a phobia of doctors, so I haven't been to one in a long time. I know it's wrong of me, but I can't help an irrational fear. Hence I haven't been to a doctor in years.

Symptoms started:

Severe Dizziness - 3 weeks ago
Severe Nausea - 3 weeks ago
Intermittent Headaches - 3/4 months ago
Hot Flushes evey 30mins-1hour - last week
rectal bleeding - over 12 months ago
abdominal pains- 6 weeks ago

I don't know if any of these are connected, but it's how I'm feeling now. I'm in my early 20s and I'm not on any medication. It's getting to the point where I am struggling to exert much effort for anything. I'm tired all the time, I feel weak and sick. Every day I'm trying not to vomit, and the nausea and dizziness is horrendous.
I am not a doctor but, Meclizine was the only medicine that help me(Dizziness + nausea).

And off course......to get this Drug, you have to go see a doctor.

....As for the bleeding, Sorry, I've never had this experience.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
(female)

wmjsease HB User

You probably need to be checked for anemia due to the rectal bleeding. This can cause you to feel that way. I really hope you find a solution soon. I too have extremely bad headaches and dizziness, with an unknown cause. I have been to many doctors, and had many tests, but to no avail. Good Luck!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
(female)

Grana HB User

The symptoms you describe are serious and should be brought to medical attention ASAP. Bleeding in the stool for that length of time could be very serious and also have caused anemia and thus dizziness. I would go to doctor immediately!

Closed Thread