It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #1
(male)

goloka HB User
Exclamation Back Thigh , BUtt, Itching and feeling burning any idea?

Hey, For last 3 or so weeks, i have been having burning and itching feeling around lower back thigh and butt area.

It feels like a cut and burn, but I told my doc and he saw it, and said, I do not see any rash or cuts or anything.

This type of feeling will come and last for 1 weeks, and go away, and come back again and go away and come back.

I have no other problem.

Is this STD ?

Ben

Old 11-02-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Back Thigh , BUtt, Itching and feeling burning any idea?

this actually sounds neuro related in some way.could be your sciatic nerve flaring up on you.that particular nerve actually runs thru the areas you mentioned.my hubby is dealing with this as we speak.it is very very possible to have whats called a 'neuropathic itch" it is caused by the same type of neuro issues that can also cause you pain when a nerve is being irritated or just affected in some way(i have that "itch' in my upper back casued by spinal cord damage,it sucks,big time).is there anything you do that makes this set of symptoms better or worse?have you tried ibuprofen or aleeve for this?using cold packs can help too.my hubbys doc rxed some prednisone for the inflammation and another med for pain but he got much better relief rom the pred since this issue IS mostly caused by the inflammation of that sciatic nerve.having an MRI done on your low back could reveal the problem.it would be located somewhere in the lumbar thru the S nerves.

just trying whats called the 'medrol dose pack' could really help with the inflammation and pain and also that nasty itching you have going on.i have used the medrol many times for alot of different inflammatory issues in my sad and pathetic body.it really can help.but obtaining that MRI at some point really should be done,just to see whats up in your low back.i am willing to bet you have some degree of something going on down there in order to produce the symptoms you are having.kind of goes with the territory,you know what i mean?i am just a bit suprised that your doc didn't mention sciatica to you during that visit,your symptoms really do fit with it.i would seriously go back and ask him about sciatica and see what he says.this really does fit.you DO have some level of nerve affectation down in that low back area or you wouldn;t be producing the symptoms you are having.its just a matter of finding out just what and where that problem is.this is all up to your doc to help find for you.if he doesn't feel like it is important,by all means,move onto a doc that actually cares.there ARE some really great primarys out there.good luck with this and please let me know how things are going,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
(male)

goloka HB User
Exclamation Re: Back Thigh , BUtt, Itching and feeling burning any idea?

so you do not think its HIV or any other STD ?

Because this all started after I went to a massage parlor and had a hand job, few months later I am having weird symptoms as of now.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:19 AM   #4
(male)

goloka HB User

He did say, its got to do with my never, but thats it. Nothing more

Old 11-08-2007, 04:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i am thinking this is some kind of typo here but what exactly do you mean by your 'doc told you it had something to do with your 'never'?i really need to know what that ment?i really seriously doubt that this is actually related to any type of actual STD,unless that itching is actually located in the genital area and not just on the butt cheek area?this just really does sound much more nerve related to me anyways.like i mentioned,the sciatic nerve actually runs thru that area and could be responsible for what you are feeling.i seriously would go back to your doc and see if he can Rx you that medrol just to see if it helps.if it doesn't do anything,it would be time for other testing.but this really does appear nerve related moreso than anything else based upon what you have explained here as symptoms.if your doc blows this off again,i do think it may be time to find a more caring primary doc than this one.you just need some help here with this and if he is not going to do that for you,why bother seeing him,you know what i mean?there are better docs out there.good luck and please let me know how you are doing,K? FB

Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #6
(male)

goloka HB User

Hey, I am only 24 year old male. So, I do not understand how I can have so much nerve problem. What i meant by that was yes, my doctor said it has to do something with your nerves, but did not mention much.

Okay, as of now, the itching has gone away, I still feel itching but only little. 98% of it has been gone. But I have a feeling that it will come back.

What makes the nerve damage, for this to happen ?

Ben

Old 11-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

A lot of things. Could be you hurt your back or your leg, maybe a minor injury, maybe months before the problem started. Could be a muscle spasm. When my nerves feel "funny" stretching helps it go away, so you could try stretching your hip.

Closed Thread