It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
(female)

Cicada HB User
Strange virus?

I have not yet gone to the doctor, but I AM having some strange symptoms which include:

My throat feeling swollen, as in when I swallow it feels big and like I will gag. However, it does not hurt when touched, and it is not in the area of the glands to my knowledge (it is under my chin in the middle rather than sides).

A cough which started today (a tickle in the mid throat, especially when I breathe. When I start to cough I will cough for a while, then it will stop. When I cough, I keep coughing until it stops. Later it will start again. My friend said that my cough sounded deeper than usual (I have asthma and normally have a cough, but this is much more persistant). I have little or no plegm, and no fever. I feel fine otherwise.

I have not yet gone to the doctor. I want to wait a few days at least to make sure it is not just my normal asthma acting up, or just an allergy. However, I do want to know what I could possibly be dealing with. Thanks.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User
Re: Strange virus?

My doctor says a good tip to know if its a infection is, that you should see white dots resembling puss. If you can see that, most likely you would need antbotics. If no puss maybe just a virus.
It could even be tosilitis or just a flare of your asthma, but you would have wheezing wouldn't you ??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2007, 11:26 PM   #3
(female)

Cicada HB User

No wheezing. I don't usually wheeze from asthma. Mine is more of a cough normally, but this feels different.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User

Huh? I have the same problem with the glands being swollen under my chin. cough and just feel lousy. I have already been on two antibiotics and still have this so I wish I knew also. Sorry this isn't much help but I am suffering the same symptoms going on about 8 weeks now.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Well hope you get to the docs soon then..

If its not your asthma get it checked out.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #6
(female)

Cicada HB User

Okay so the throat went down, so did the cough. Now the cough only occurs at night, or late afternoon (4-ish). I often can't quite get to the tickle either, and the tickle is persistant. I have pretty much no cough during the day. The cough is dry.

Last edited by Cicada; 11-05-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:22 AM   #7
(female)

Cicada HB User

Okay so I finally went to the clinic last night. They told me I had inflamation in my bronchioles and gave me some anti-inflamation medicine (which tasted really bad, but helped), hooked me up to a nebulizer, and finally my breathing was better. It went from 97 blood oxygen to 99 blood oxygen, which the doctor seemed to think was really, really good. My lungs also sounded less constricted after the treatment. They prescribed some more asthma medicine, and they also prescribed some anti-biotics in case the infection doesn't get better in a few days.

Closed Thread