It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
(female)

o0oMJo0o HB User
Attention Seeking Behaviour

Is this an actual health problem?

I've done some research and from what I've found, my indication is yes. But anyways, back to the question at hand.

I have attention seeking behaviour and I'm not sure why. Basically my whole life and everything I do revolves around getting someone to pay attention to me. It's so strange and pointless and I've never realized I had it until recently and it's been bothering me. I don't feel like a person because now that I am aware of it, I notice it much more often. And I swear, every single I do, even if it's taking a walk or writing in a diary, isn't for myself. It's all for someone else.

I really don't understand why my need for attention is so high. I come from a slightly broken childhood (both my parents have been married multiple times, my mother is verbal and physically abusive, I was molested as a child, and I'm constantly told that I am incompetant). But other than that...I don't know. All that bothers me and ****, but I'm not quite sure if it's the reason.

So, anyways the question: How can I stop this behaviour? Has anyone on here been through a similar 'phase' possibly? I'm hoping it's just an adolesant thing that will go away soon. Anyways, also should I go see my consoler (sorry can't spell) at school? I can't afford to go to a real one...gah, I don't know what to do! HELP!

Last edited by o0oMJo0o; 11-01-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Closed Thread