It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
(female)

Gavi112 HB User
Tendon injury to hand

A few days ago I injured the tendon running inside my palm to knuckle on ring finger. I had my hand stretched around something when I felt a severe clunk and twang sensation if you know what I mean in my knuckle. For 24 hrs all seemed well then I found I could not bear to do any movement that lifted the knuckle upwards and the area running up mypalm to where the tendon attached to knuckle was unbearable to touch. I saw my Dr who confirmed I had not dislocated my knuckle but she said I had torn or damamged the tendon and strapped my two fingers together to keep them straightish because I was curling them under to stop the pain but she said this would cause problems later as the tendon would shorten.

I really can't use the hand or its agony in that knuckle and palm or hold anything because of the palnm tenderness. She said it could be at least a week before any improvement. Even with the strapping every time I raise the knuckle upwards it makes me jump with pain.

Has anyone any advice on top of the strapping fingers and how long it can take to mend as I know tendons can take months!!

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Neurological / tendon issues and levaquin, prednisone and other assorted mentalcompass Open to All Other Health Topics 3 10-10-2011 11:33 PM
Small Tear in Posterior Tibial Tendon let me walk Foot & Ankle Problems 39 12-27-2009 04:50 PM
Surgery for loose thumb tendon? cjduel General Health 0 11-26-2009 10:16 AM
Dr said I have strained my knee tendon stevefromsd Knee & Hip Problems 1 11-11-2009 09:20 AM
Torn tendon AZONE325 Open to All Other Health Topics 11 08-24-2008 07:10 AM