It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
(male)

Benguy HB User
temp blindness, numbness, headaches...

Hello everyone,

Just recently today I have been experiancing some weird things going on.

I was just sitting watching the tv, when I noticed my right eye gegining to become blurry/blind on the right side. I was worried so I took a few eyedrops and it seemed to go away

then I was sitting on the couch and I noticed my right hand was numb on the right side (IE pinkey to middle finger) I stood up and my whole right side of my arm seemed to be numb. soon after the left side of my face went somewhat numb. after taking some tylonol, I got a headache on the lower left/rear of my head. it was been persisting for about an hour now.

if anyone could tell me whats possably happening, it would be a great help.

thanks

Old 11-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
(female)

Shanibelle HB User
Re: temp blindness, numbness, headaches...

It sounds like a classic migraine. Auras, or that foggy vision you were talking about, happens sometimes 30 - 60 minutes typically before head pain. Migraines also cause face and arm numbness sometimes. Although the symptoms you listed could be a stroke, MS, cyst/tumor. If the headache starts feeling like the worst headache you ever had, you may wish to go to the hospital.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 01:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Hi Ben,
I wouldn't wait.. i'd be going straight to the hospital. Get a Dr to check you out.. As i read your post . A ad came on TV regarding stroke n stuff. Youe numbness is a common symtom.Get someone to drive you.Or even call a ambulance.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

while it definitely should be evaluated as soon as possible,it really does sound like a classic migrane presentation.this is how mine present too.mine started way back when i was 13(46 now)and i used to get actual 'blocks' of numbness that would travel,in that one block areas up my arm all the way to my face,and of course the really messed up jaggedy type vision crap.the pre migrane 'aura' can present in many many really freaky ways.it does appear to change a bit over the years in some ways.but i always get the eye crap then the headache.i once lost all feeling in my left side.that one scared the crap outta me.the good news for you is that if this is actual migrane,there are many different meds now availiable to 'abort' the headache before it ever gets to the pain stage.midrin was the very first one of the abortives to hit the market(my senior year of high school,thank god).i have now been using this one med for decades as the only migrane med that i have ever had to try.it has just worked that well for me all these years.but there are others.the one i guess "nice' thing about getting the pre migrane aura is that it does give you the time needed to take the med and stop the actual headache from even starting or keeping it to a very dull roar so you can still function.some people just get slammed with the headache with no warning.the abortives wont work real well when the headache just appears out of the blue without warning.

i hope you get this event evaluated soon.you do need to know for certain what caused this to occur.but it would appear that you may just have started getting migranes.is there any family history of severe headaches like migrane?the tendency can be inherited thru the generations,espescially in women.my dads side is loaded with them.hope all is well for you.please let us know how you are doing,K? FB

Old 11-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #5
(female)

mimiof3 HB User

I def think it's a neurological problem. I would be at the dr asap. Not trying to scare you at all! It could have been a tia.. mini stroke, or as the other posters have stated, a migraine. My daughter suffers from these. But her GP did a CT scan and MRI to rule out other things. Good luck to you. I bet all is going to be fine!!

Last edited by mimiof3; 11-04-2007 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Post didn't show ?

Old 11-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Hey Ben

Where are you ???

Hope everything is ok??

Thought you'd be back here with a answer, Just checkin in with you.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benguy View Post
Hello everyone,

Just recently today I have been experiancing some weird things going on.

I was just sitting watching the tv, when I noticed my right eye gegining to become blurry/blind on the right side. I was worried so I took a few eyedrops and it seemed to go away

then I was sitting on the couch and I noticed my right hand was numb on the right side (IE pinkey to middle finger) I stood up and my whole right side of my arm seemed to be numb. soon after the left side of my face went somewhat numb. after taking some tylonol, I got a headache on the lower left/rear of my head. it was been persisting for about an hour now.

if anyone could tell me whats possably happening, it would be a great help.

thanks

Dude. hope you wnt to the emergency room.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #8
(male)

Benguy HB User

hey guys, good to say I'm fine. I didn't end up going to the hospital right away, but the next day when all the symptoms where gone, i went to my doctor just to see what it was, he said it was just a bad miraine. All is well now, is hasn't come back.

thanks to everyone for the help.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:24 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

So glad your ok now.. Take care Benguy.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #10
(male)

Benguy HB User

lol My real name is Sam, I just use benguy as an online name

Old 11-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

glad to hear that sam.just wondering thoif your doc actually Rxed you some sort of an 'abortive' type of migrane med to take if this should happen again?since you do have the aura(the eye crap)this would be when you would actually take the abortive.usually,with the midrin i take,the whole cycle of aura and headache is gone within about 45 minutes and i can function.you really do need something now that these have presented in you.the likelyhood of now getting more is very high.it just kind of goes with that territory once you have gotten one.you just need to have something availiable at all times if this should occur again.or you will end up going thru that nightmare again.the meds really do the job for me and you only have to take it when that aura starts up,not all the time.i just wanted to make certain that you actually have something now.if not,speak with your doc now,not when this should happen again.believe me,if this occurs again,you will be sooo happy you have that abortive to take.just an FYI here about a med?the drug "midrin' was the very first abortive to hit the market way back when and i have been on it now ever since(1978?)and it works fantastic.just a suggestion for a good tried and true migrane med.good luck,and let us know how things are going. FB

Old 11-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #12
(female)

bellesalvina HB User

Dude you should go to hospital and try to have a check up...

Old 11-12-2007, 12:52 PM   #13
(male)

Benguy HB User

Just curious, whats in the drug.

I'm thinking of becoming a chemist, and I'm interested what the drug is composed of

if you know

thanks

Old 11-13-2007, 04:44 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

i cannot give you the actual chemical names of the stuff(you can look that part up)but i do know that this med contains a vasoconstrictor along with a very very mild sedative type of med,not enough to put you to sleep or anything,its just there to help relax you and the vessels too.really great med tho,it actually gave me function and my life back at 18 years old when it came out and has been working for me ever since.i would actually try this one first.this just has the longest proven history,unlike the newer ones that have come out since.let us know how you are doing. FB

Closed Thread