It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #1
(female)

Sbw9875 HB User
Multiple symptoms... what could it be?

I've had quite a few strange things happening to me in the past months.
Here's what I'm experiencing:
  • Fatigue
  • Headaches
  • Joint Pain
  • Bone Pain (not located near joint)
  • Excessive Brusing
  • Bleeding Gums
  • Reduced Exercise Tolerance
  • General Bodily Discomfort
  • Excessive Bleeding from Minor Cuts
  • Sudden Waves of Nausea
  • Dizziness/Black Vision immediately after standing up
  • Lack of Appetite

Almost all symptoms lasted for at least 4 months. The weird thing is that the joint pain, headaches, joint pain, and bone pain, are not constant but hit suddenly and severely, and then go away several hours later.
Taking a pain pill like Ibuprofen or Advil doesn't help the headaches or pain at all. The Headaches are on the same spot on the left and right side of my head, but usually on the left. It's an intense throbbing pain.
I haven't suffered any trauma for bruises... but I have them all over my legs and arms.
Everytime I brush my teeth my gums bleed.
The bone pain is striking at the very top of my Hip Bone... it hits suddenly and is very severe. It goes away after 2 hours or so.
I'm in marching band at my high school... I noticed this season that my exercise tolerance has gone down a bunch from last year. Even after 5 months things have not improved. Even after just walking for a bit, I feel week and kind of disconnected from my body.
I have a general feeling of just bodily discomfort that doesn't go away.
I have a small cut on my arm that is a circle about 1/16 inch thick. It started bleeding the other day... it bled for about 20 minutes, a constant heavy stream.
Sudden waves of Nausea will hit me, and then leave about an hour later. Nothing helps it.
If I stand up from a laying position, or even sitting straight up and down, I get really dizzy and my vision goes black - I don't black out, but it looks as though my eyes were covered with a black cloth.
And finally, I have a reduced appetite. I'm only hungry enough to eat one small/medium meal a day. This came upon me suddenly... I used to have a very healthy appetite.
Also, I *think* I suffer from frequent fevers... but we have no working thermometer in my house, so I'm guessing from the old "feel the forehead" method.

Obviously my symptoms are numerous... several of them suggest leukemia to me, but others have nothing to do with it. Could they be unrelated? Any ideas on what could be causing this? Please help... I'm very confused and scared!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2007, 07:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Multiple symptoms... what could it be?

with symptoms like you are having there could be a total/partial relation or as you said,totally unrelated.have you seen a doc to have even some simple labwork done?the excessive bleeding could indicate alot of different things way too numerous to get into here.but it doesn't actually mean it is something as severe as leukemia.you have alot of symptoms going on and the only true way you are ever going to find out what is causing them is by getting the ball rolling here with a trip to your doc for a full and total physical with labwork.the labs would just show how well certain body systems are functioning and also tell alot about your blood as far as clotting times and other things.but you really DO need to get this all evaluated soon.hopefully this is nothing overly serious and could be corrected with medications.but you wont know anything and continue to worry and wonder til you get some answers from that doc appt and bloodwork.just get yourself checked out and see what the labs and physical say about your symptoms.i wish you luck and hopefully this can be easily rectified.please let me know what you find out,K? FB

Old 11-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
(male)

jay61 HB User

The first 4 symptoms seem to sound like Arthritis...were you are feeling the pain at the bones/joints...is there any swelling?..

You could also have a blood/circulation problem...Perhaps a cut you had might have got infected and that has affected the blood? This could easily spread and may be causing problems as you say..i.e gum bleeding and headaches!

This seems strange, best see with your doctor ASAP!

Old 11-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

[QUOTE=Sbw9875;3291639]I've had quite a few strange things happening to me in the past months.
Here's what I'm experiencing:
  • Fatigue
  • Headaches
  • Joint Pain
  • Bone Pain (not located near joint)
  • Excessive Brusing
  • Bleeding Gums
  • Reduced Exercise Tolerance
  • General Bodily Discomfort
  • Excessive Bleeding from Minor Cuts
  • Sudden Waves of Nausea
  • Dizziness/Black Vision immediately after standing up
  • Lack of Appetite

QUOTE]

headaches, joint pain,bone pain, reduced exercise tolerance, fatuigue, body discomfort all sound like symptoms of hormone imbalance (HGH maybe)

bleeding gums = gengavitus see a dentist.

lack of appetite/dizziness could be signs of hormon problems

I would go see an endo and describe my sysmptoms and get a full hormon work up.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:08 PM   #5
(female)

Cicada HB User

This could be anything, including lupus, fibromyalgia, arthritis, hemophelia, luekemia, or anemia. Or it could be a combination of any of these. I'd recomend seeing your doctor and getting some tests done.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #6
(female)

Sbw9875 HB User

Thank for the answer. I looked up fibromyalgia and that really sounds like me.
Hopefully I'll get in to see the doctor soon.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:09 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

that doctor thing would really be a great idea considering.just wanted to mention something to you tho that i remebered when i reread about the gum issue?in some cases/people, a certain level of actual bacterial type infection within the gums/teeth area CAN possibly cause a systemic type of infection which can casue a very wide array of similar symptoms to yours.it wouldn't hurt to when you see your doc to make certain to mention the teeth issues too.once a more localized type of bacterial infection actually hits the bloodstream,it can create a host of problems/symptoms.just thought i would throw that out there for ya.the difference between just an 'infection' vs treating something bacterial and systemic would require something like cipro to get rid of not just your plain old antibiotics.you do need some bloodwork done tho,really.hope things get better after you get a chance to see your doc and have this all evaluated and the labs done.please let us know how you are doing,K? FB

Old 11-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
(female)

Sbw9875 HB User

There isn't anything wrong with my mouth like gingivitus or anything.. I just saw the dentist last month and everything checked out fine.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbw9875 View Post
There isn't anything wrong with my mouth like gingivitus or anything.. I just saw the dentist last month and everything checked out fine.
ok then you have sensitive gums. try brushing your teeth with baking soda to toughin them up. (old timey cure that my grandma had me do to make mine stop bleeding when I was a kid)

Old 11-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

A rheumatologist is the best doc to see for these symptoms. They can diagnose Lupus, Fibro, ect. when other doctors cannot. It takes an average of a year to be diagnosed with fibro because other doctors don't know enough about it and how to diagnose it. See a rheumy now, and find out what's wrong. Good luck!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
(female)

Sbw9875 HB User

I just wanted to inform you that I've found something else that's worrying me...
If my upper arms are touched, with light pressure (as apposed to just laying your fingers on my arm) it feels as if I've just been hit hard enough to be bruised. I tested this, applying the same amount of pressure to my arm and to other people's. It definitely doesn't hurt anyone else, and it's light enough that it shouldn't be hurting me at all, especially not like that. The pain fades after a few minutes and a bruise never does develop. I've been researching and can't find anything that mentions anything like this. Any ideas on what this could be? I really want to figure this out!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #12
(female)

georgie04 HB User

I think you've got good advice so far, but I don't believe anyone has mentioned thyroid problems - you should add that to your list to make sure whoever you see tests for that.

best wishes

Old 11-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #13
(female)

casatonia 1 HB User

With what you are saying about bruises it could be reinarts disease...my mum has this and i know the littlest jolt can have her in agony.
The best thing is to see a doctor just to rule out serious disease or ilness.
Take Care.
Casatonia

Closed Thread