It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
(female)

wildhoofbeats77 HB User
Unhappy Weird Symptoms; Stiff Neck Tiredness, Swollen Glands?

Hi everyone I am new to the boards. I'm having a bit of a "problem." Last Wed. I noticed the glands under my jaw were swollen. Early Sunday morning/late Saturday night I had uncontrollable chills. I had 6 blankets on, and no matter what I did I was still cold. My temperature was 102. My neck was extrememly stiff, and my head hurt. The next day, I was still fatigued, but I felt much better. Tuesday, the same way. Tuesday night my neck started to really hurt, as well as my head. I can't describe the head pain except for heavy. It is heavy. The next morning I was fine. Now today, I am having a sore jaw, stiff neck, and my ears hurt a little. I also feel tired.

I don't have insurance, my job doesn't offer it, and my parents are not really in the picture. I'm 18, and I don't know what to do. What if something serious is wrong? Can I go to the emergency room? Do they have a payment plan? If any of you know what these symptoms sound like or could be please let me know. I am getting really worried and I don't know what to do. Could it be Meningitis?

Thanks
Angie

Old 11-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Weird Symptoms; Stiff Neck Tiredness, Swollen Glands?

I could be wrong, but I think if it were meningitis you would be extremely ill by now. Of course, I still think you should get checked out--it might be something that a quick course of antibiotics could solve

Try looking up walk-in clinics or family doctors in your area. Online yellow pages are a good place to start. Most offer sliding-scale fees.

And if you suddenly get worse, do go to the ER. In the US, if your life is in danger, they are legally required to treat you first and collect money later. You should be able to negotiate a payment plan.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
(female)

wildhoofbeats77 HB User

Thank you for your help. I did rule out meningitis. My boyfriends mom works at a school and supposedly if you can touch your chin to your chest without pain, it's most probably not meningitis. I will look up some clinics. Everytime it comes back (the symptoms) I cry. It really hurts. Thanks for your time & help.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #4
(female)

BrandyBobs Lady HB User

It's quite possible you have mono. Sounds like you need to see a doctor and get treatment even if it isn't mono. Have you ever had your tonsils out? If not, then it could possibly have something to do with that. Go get checked.

Closed Thread