11-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Join Date: Nov 2007
Neurological Problem.....or something.
I really don't know whats been going on with me lately. Things are getting pretty bad, and I know I should see a doctor. The problem with that though is I'm out of state in college, and not going home until December. I really don't think going to the school doctor would do much good.
For the last few months I've been having the following problems:
- Mood Swings: I feel like I'm on top of the world, then I could be so depressed I want to kill myself
- Panic Attacks
- Extreme Fatigue: Sleeping upwards of 12-15 hours a day, I just can't get out of bed
- Lack of concentration, my school work is not going well, I can't stay focused.
- Memory Loss: It took me two hours the other day to remember my cats name, I forget the names of new people I've met, my professors, and even friends I've had for a while. Sometimes in the middle of sentances I have to stop because I can't remember the word I want to use.
- Confusion: Especially when I wake up. Sometimes I don't know where I am or whats going on. Sometimes I'll have conversations with imaginary people in my head, but then after a few minutes I realize what I'm doing and ask myself "What the heck am I doing?"
- Loss of balance: Usually I'll be fine, but sometimes when I walk I lose my balance and stumble, security stopped me on campus once because they thought I was drunk.
I'm starting to get a little scared. Any clue what could be wrong with me?
11-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Senior Veteran (male)
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Re: Neurological Problem.....or something.
you should go to the doc and ask for your TSH, T3, T4, Testerone, free Testerone, estradol, and estrogin checked.
some of your syptoms sound a lot like hypothyroidism. Got to a doctor sooner rather then later.
| || |
Sign Up Today!
Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation! I want my free account