It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
(male)

edc2388 HB User
Neurological Problem.....or something.

I really don't know whats been going on with me lately. Things are getting pretty bad, and I know I should see a doctor. The problem with that though is I'm out of state in college, and not going home until December. I really don't think going to the school doctor would do much good.

For the last few months I've been having the following problems:
  • Mood Swings: I feel like I'm on top of the world, then I could be so depressed I want to kill myself
  • Panic Attacks
  • Extreme Fatigue: Sleeping upwards of 12-15 hours a day, I just can't get out of bed
  • Lack of concentration, my school work is not going well, I can't stay focused.
  • Memory Loss: It took me two hours the other day to remember my cats name, I forget the names of new people I've met, my professors, and even friends I've had for a while. Sometimes in the middle of sentances I have to stop because I can't remember the word I want to use.
  • Confusion: Especially when I wake up. Sometimes I don't know where I am or whats going on. Sometimes I'll have conversations with imaginary people in my head, but then after a few minutes I realize what I'm doing and ask myself "What the heck am I doing?"
  • Loss of balance: Usually I'll be fine, but sometimes when I walk I lose my balance and stumble, security stopped me on campus once because they thought I was drunk.

I'm starting to get a little scared. Any clue what could be wrong with me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Neurological Problem.....or something.

I absolutely think you should seek help, and not wait until December. If the school clinic can't help you, find another doctor in the area who can, or go home now so your family can help you. Do you have insurance? Are there doctors who accept your insurance in your current area?

I don't know what could be causing this. There are a lot of possibilities, and you need to have it looked into.

When you go to the doctor, be suspicious of someone who prescribes drugs after one brief visit, without examining you thoroughly.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

Your college has a clinic that is part of your fees that you paid for. Get yourself over to it now. You need to be checked out to see what is going on. This is more than just a normal "I'm overwhelmed with school."

You don't mention if this is your first year away at college or not, but even so, I think that you need to write down all the symptoms that you have been having, in detail, then get to the clinic and get checked out. College campus clinics are used to seeing students so don't worry about them thinking this is unusual. But do keep a log and take it along and get checked out...the sooner the better. Don't wait for December.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

you should go to the doc and ask for your TSH, T3, T4, Testerone, free Testerone, estradol, and estrogin checked.

some of your syptoms sound a lot like hypothyroidism. Got to a doctor sooner rather then later.

Closed Thread