It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 05:04 AM   #1
(male)

RICHARDM19 HB User
Exclamation Please Help!!!!

Hi All,

Im hoping someone will be able to give me some advise, 3 months ago I had a nasty fall and fell on my wrist, I had it x-rayed at the time and was told nothing was broken and was given a wrist support to wear for a couple of weeks along with some strong anti-inflamatory tablets.

since this has happened my wrist is very stiff and the strength in my wrist has pretty much gone, when i move my wrist it makes a horrible cracking noise and is really painfull. im not sure what to do!

Thanks.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Please Help!!!!

It sounds like you have weak from wearing the brace, hence the lost of wrist strength. You need to do some exercises to build up strength in that wrist again. The noises are porbably because you have gotten stiff.

Personally, I would go back to the Dr. and get re-checked and ask for a referral for some PT sessions to make sure that everything is OK.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
(male)

lvlagic5538 HB User
Re: Please Help!!!!

I had just recently broke/fractured 2 separate places in my hand/wrist. Metacarpal and Radius. My x-ray showed a very light fracture and was almost literally not visible. However, I had bad symptoms such as pain, a bump, and just about no movement. I was casted a day later. Also, the doctor sent me to get a MRI since the fracture was barely visible on x-ray and I had those symptoms. The MRI verified I had 2 separate fractures/breaks and I had a disrupted schaplunate ligament. I got my cast off after the 6 weeks. I still have some concerns about it. My wrist and palm are still discolored (purpleish) and I do get that same cracking noise you get. My wrist makes a very noticeable crack noise (same as if you were cracking your fingers). I am in therapy for it. I had only 2lbs of grip in that hand as opposed to the 47lbs in my right hand. I have had about 9 therapy sessions and I still cant quite get my hand to go as far back as my other one. I get a pressure feeling in the middle of my hand when it is extended all the way back. I get occasional pain on each side of my wrist also from moving it.
Maybe consider getting a MRI or therapist? I was supposed to go back to the Doctor today and get a checkup on it and another MRI but I had to cancel that for therapy. So I'm going Friday to the doctors.

Last edited by lvlagic5538; 11-13-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Closed Thread