It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
(female)

faye59 HB User
Question shin splint operation

my hubby had this op on both legs 9 years ago and now can hardly walk the drs say its rare but he now has compartment syndrone. he is in constant pain in lower legs. has any one out there had this. thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2007, 07:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: shin splint operation

if he actually has true compartment syndrome i am hoping he is in the hospital and being treated for this?this,if this is indeed compartment syndrome,can be very very dangerous and needs intervention.they have to 'release" that built up pressure or tissue can die from the compression of the swelling inside,and it can also lead to alot of other medical complications.what is your hubby doing and far as treatment right now?

a good friend ended up having this occur a few years ago and it was a true emergancy.i cannot remember everything about it,but it did require them to actually have to open up part of her leg and release the huge amount of pressure that had bulit up from a leg injury that happened about a week before this.if i remeber correctly,it is just one specific area(hence,the 'compartment' part)that just builds up a very high amount of pressure not like an entire limb or something.if i were you,i would do some in depth research on this syndrome to make ceratin you know exactly what this is and the best possible treatments.if your hubby is not in the hospital right now,i really do think he needs to be.i am not a doc but just remember how really crucial it was for my friend to have to get to the hospital and have that 'opening' made inside her leg from CS.i wish you luck with this and please let me know how things aregoing,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread