It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 05:15 AM   #1
(female)

amyg33 HB User
Unhappy Very low Triglycerides and very high c-reactive protein? Help!

I just recently had a life screening test completed with blood work. My total cholesterol was 170 -Great! My HDL was 75 - Great! However, because my triglycerides were below 45 they could not get a LDL Cholesterol reading. What could this mean? How does one improve TRG levels?

Also, my c-reactive protein level was 7.48. This number should be below 1. I have read that this number represents the level of protein in ones blood. Also, it is an indicator of inflammation in the system. I do suffer terribly from fibromyalgia! I am often sore all over - especially trigger areas! Could this high CRP level be because of my fibromyalgia? What kind of doctor does one go to for CRP issues? My family doctor is not real supportive of Fibromyalgia! It seems that whenever I go to talk to him about these overall aches and pains, he tries to encourage me to UP my antidepressant! I do not wish to take pain meds to cover up issues!!! I would like to naturally correct this imbalance in my system.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Amy

Old 11-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Very low Triglycerides and very high c-reactive protein? Help!

Low LDL is good. Not sure how low is too low

High CRP and diagnosed with Fibro? Tell me, when you were diagnosed, did you have a full blood workup, checking for lupus, various forms of arthritis, lyme, and a few other things I forget? Fibro is not inflammatory, but there are similar feeling conditions that are. In any case, these were probably the easy-to-perform quick screening blood tests. You probably want to some more detailed bloodwork to figure out why that CRP is so high.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
(female)

amyg33 HB User

Thanks for the response.
I just returned from a doctor's appointment. She just put me on lyrica - 75 mg twice a day and lunesta 3 mg at night - since I DO NOT sleep!! I have always be very skeptical about taking medications. I do take 20 mg daily of prozac. However, muscke relaxers, pain meds, etc. I prefer not to take. I don't know about this lyrica!! At this point, my body is sore and achy and it is affecting my daily functions. I'll give it a try. I also have several different ultrasounds performed for various heart related issues included in the life screening. I do not have any family members with heart problems and I've never had an issue. Those results will be sent within 3 weeks. My doctor also did blood work today for liver, thyroid, red and white blood count. She really feels that the elevated CRP is related to my fibro since I've been feeling yuck lately. Three weeks on lyrica and lunesta and another appointment with her to check CRP again. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,
Amy

Old 01-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
(female)

chrislenblue HB User

You need to see a Rheumatolgoist. Even if it is fibro, a rheumy can help figure out what else might be wrong.

Closed Thread