It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
(female)

nessers23 HB User
Feel like i've lost control of my body

Im a 23 year old female. For over a year I've been having ongoing lower abdominal pain and my stomach bloats out really far so I look like I'm pregnant. I also have constipation. The doctor simply told me I have IBS. Which I could handle if any of the medication they have given me has helped. Right now i'm on Reglan but this has not helped. I've changed my diet to combat IBS and have added fiber (nothing helps!) Along with this I have had acne and sudden weight gain (50lbs in 3 months) and still rising. I eat right and exercise. I don't understand because I've always been able to maintain my weight if I needed to.

Well recently I've also been having UTI's a lot and even urinated myself on accident *embarrassing* without even relizing I had to go. My muscles and joints have been hurting. I've been exhausted all the time and most recently has gotten greasy on just the back top of my head and my hair is getting thin there. Now my vision feels like it getting worse and it's really hard to consentrate. It basically feels like I have lost control of my body! I've had an an abdominal scan and a colonoscopy and nothing came from that. Im supposed to go to an endocrinologist but they can't get me in til' Feb. I need some sort of indication that I am going to be o.k because my doctors I've been going to don't seem to want to find the problem or just seem to think it's no big deal and just throw pain meds at me and tell me to come back in a month. I'm having a really rough time making it through each day with all these problems. Any sort of suggestion would be helpful on what this is!! Or even a suggestion on where I can go in Ohio that they can run the right tests. I'm trying very hard to not give up..but it's taking a big toll on my relationship, my family, my whole life it feels like. Thank you for your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
(female)

ctgirl83 HB User
Re: Feel like i've lost control of my body

I can totally relate to a lot of your symptoms. I have been going through almost the exact same thing for over a year now. They have run all sorts of tests, but no real answers yet. I wish I could give you some advice, but all I can say is keep trying! There has to be an answer out there! If you find anything out, post it here - you never know who else you may help (besides me, even). Just keep looking and don't give up - you are the best judge of when your body is out of whack.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
(female)

nessers23 HB User

I thought I was losin it they for awhile. Felt like everyone stopped believing I was telling the truth. As much as it sucks to know someone else out there has to go through the same thing I am, it's good to know I'm not alone. Have you been to an endocrinologist? I thought maybe I had some sort of bacteria overgrowth...like candidias. So I just started taking some probiotic supplements. I'm going to give them a two week trial and see if my stomach gets any better. But I will tell you one thing. They made my skin dramatically clear up! Please keep in contact. I will be sure to let you know if anything comes up. Thanks!

Old 11-19-2007, 08:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nyxie63 HB UserNyxie63 HB User

Have you had any blood tests done for food allergies/intolerances? I've had GERD, stomach cramping, bloating, and alternating C and D for years. Only now that I've gone gluten-, dairy-, and corn-free have I found any relief. Food intolerances can cause a whole slew of symptoms, not just GI ones.

You might consider going gluten and dairy free for a couple of weeks, just to see if it helps. This is something you can control and isn't all that difficult to do if you do some research on gfdf recipes and food ingredients ahead of time.

Have you had your thyroid checked? Thyroid problems can also cause a wide range of issues.

Have you had a nutritional panel run, including the B vits, vit D and ferritin? If not, it should probably be done anyway because you're probably not absorbing nutritients from your food due to the IBS. I had also been suffering from severe fatigue, joint pain, headaches, etc. These cleared up since starting supplementation (after testing to determine deficiencies, of course) in combination with the new dietary changes.

There's a group of folks who see IBS as a symptom of something else, rather than a dx in its own right. It really is a catch-all term used by drs anyway when they don't know what the real problem is.

I hope this helps.

Closed Thread