It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
(male)

eyes HB User
'Heavy Head' + Blurry Vision

Hi everyone. Last weekend I was over at a cousins and there were about 4 of us just hanging out watching tv and playing computer until about 2-3 in the morning for 3 nights. Around Wednesday afternoon my head felt sort of 'heavy'. I don't know how to describe it too well, but the top part of my head felt like something was on it. Later on in the day I got a headache, but thankfully I didn't have to work so I went to sleep early. Thursday afternoon when I was at the gym my head still felt heavy and I felt very light-headed doing my workout. Yesterday I felt heavy headed once again and my vision seemed a bit blurred..? My eyes are usually very sharp and I can read just about anything far away.

I woke up this morning and my neck was filled with muscus crap so I had to spit it out and my head still feels heavy typing this and my eyes are no better.

My girlfriend thinks I have the flu, so I may just take some medicine. My eyes have been perfectly fine all my life and I've never had to where glasses or anything, so the eye problem is bothering me more than the 'heavy head' feeling.

.eyes

Old 11-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User
Thumbs down Re: 'Heavy Head' + Blurry Vision

Hi eyes. Yes, I think you have the flu, I also live in BC and there are some pretty bad business going around. I have been sick now on and off for a month now. First a cold, now I think I have the flu as well, my head feels full and I am also coughing up crap, but I have to really put effort in it to get it up and out. I also felt like I was hit over the head with a cast iron frying pan and nothing gets rid off it. My ears and sinus are sore, my ears were ringing so loud the other day I thought it was the volunteer fire alarm. I think that is what is giving us full head thang and the dizzy eye thang. I will say, it does stay around for a long time and then just when you think it's done, it comes back again-whammo. I bought some Robitussin- it's a cough suppressant/Expectorant, the expectorant really helps with bringing up all the stuff so you can get rid of it and I take 600mg advil every 4 hrs for body/head aches. Get better soon, you are not alone it's flu season.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
(male)

eyes HB User
Re: 'Heavy Head' + Blurry Vision

I'm not one who gets sick often, but I had a cold a couple months ago. I don't get flu-shots or anything like that so maybe I should look into it next time.

I took some Tylenol so hopefully it will go away. Heads still got the heavy feeling and the vision is a bit foggy.

.eyes

Old 11-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
(male)

eyes HB User

still the same today. How are you doing with your cold thing?

Old 11-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
(male)

eyes HB User

Tomorrow it will be one week since this started happening. I think I will wait until Friday until I go a see a doctor. My head still has that 'heavy', or pressure/pushing down feeling. My eyes have that fogginess sometimes throughout the day.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:20 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User

Hi eyes, yes I still have a really heavy head, I went to the Dr yesterday and I have sinus with bronchitus so my Dr prescribed me an antibiotic so hopefully it will go away soon. I just take advil or tylenol for aches. You might want to check with your Dr to see if you have a sinus infection.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #7
(male)

eyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrena View Post
Hi eyes, yes I still have a really heavy head, I went to the Dr yesterday and I have sinus with bronchitus so my Dr prescribed me an antibiotic so hopefully it will go away soon. I just take advil or tylenol for aches. You might want to check with your Dr to see if you have a sinus infection.
I have an appointment booked for Monday. I'm not one who is paranoid, but there are many different things this could be for these two 'exact' symptoms...

I won't go as far as a 'brain tumor', but there are things like high blood pressure that I think about. My father is the only one in my family who has high blood pressure. I am in shape, I don't eat garbage food, and I do not smoke or drink so I am not sure if that would be it. If the Doc tells me its the flu I will be happy to know

Closed Thread