It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
(female)

shaunsgrl HB User
Horrible stomach pains

For a few months now I have been seeing my doctor for my stomach pains. The pains are constant and can last from 3 days to 1-2 weeks without relief. They are in the upper middle of my stomach, above my belly button, but below my rib cage. It's an excruciating stabbing feeling with nausea that goes up into my right shoulder with pain in my chest. I can barely lift my arm when I get these pains. My doctor has ruled out gallstones. I've tried Reglan, Protonix and Nexium..I'm pretty sure it's nothing like gerd. Now, I've noticed that when I'm laying flat on my back and I try to sit straight up, in the center of my stomach, when my muscles tighten, there is this long lump. It's not hard, but I'm wondering if all of this could be related. I've had bloodwork, an ultrasound of my gallbladder and liver, an upper GI scope in 2005 and endless medicine. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I'm only 23, and it's causing so much anxiety, I'm afraid to even move. My doctor keeps telling me that its acid reflux and anxiety. Obviously I'd love to spend time with my family instead of sitting in a doctor's office. I'm frustrated. Can anyone help me???

Old 11-19-2007, 03:26 AM   #2
(male)

johnnyk1975 HB User
Re: Horrible stomach pains

Have very similiar symptoms to all of the ones quoted below. Dont mean to depress
anyone but \i am now in my third year of whatever it is..Heart palpitations ,stomach
ache left and right side, pains in arms and neck.dont know what to do.Have been to
all the relevent doctors and aprt from some ulceration of my stomach nothing. HAve
had all the cameras in fact there are celebreties that have had less media attention
than my insides. i am a 31 year old male who does smoke(idiot) and am about 16 st
for my 6 ft in height.I get remisions some time but they never last long.HAve been
told to cut stress out of my life but the only thing i stress about is the fact that
ia m a young man who has been sick for three years. Get terrible weakness nearly all
the time and recently have been finding it hard to even walk short distances.Any
help would be greatly appreciated as am my wits end.this is not living and at this
stage am hoping for something bad to happen so they might find out what is wrong.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
(female)

shaunsgrl HB User
Re: Horrible stomach pains

Johnny...mine seemed to happen over night. I used to be a really big drinker and smoker...I've completely stopped for over a year. Now it seems like my memory is getting really bad. I can't remember the simplist things, like, did I call my sister back or not. It's weird. I can't find anything with my symptoms anywhere on the internet. My doc just says it's severe acid reflux.. I think he' full of crap, personally, but, I gotta listen to what he says. None of the meds that I've been on have helped. They even tried putting me on Xanax because he said maybe it was stress and anxiety attacks. It didn't do anything but give me panic attacks. Then he put me on Ultram..which is a perscription pain killer. It said not to take it if you have stomach problems..even I could have seen that was a bad idea. Now I'm back at square one, waiting for more tests. Sometimes they actually have me thinking its all in my head. Anyway, thanx for letting me vent!!

Closed Thread