Ok, I am feeling completely lost - over the last year, I have been to so many doctors and had so many tests, I am beginning to think that there aren't any more tests to be done, even though I still feel sick. I am posting my symptoms here in hopes that someone out there has been through the same or can point me in the direction of some lead to follow. I am 24 years old, don't smoke, rarely drink, and don't do drugs. I take daily fiber, prilosec otc, and metformin 1500 mg daily.
Diseases already diagnosed (not sure if these will help aid in diagnosis or not):
PCOS - diagnosed about 1.5 years ago due to amenorrhea and cysts. The amenorrhea persists unless I go on b.c pills (which I do not currently take)
Barretts esophagus - diagnosed about 6 months ago during an endoscopy/colonoscopy to see why I had horrible stomach pains
Insulin resistance - diagnosed about 1 year ago and managed with metformin for the past 3 months
Symptoms I currently can not further explain:
- Weight gain
- Fatigue - even after a full night's sleep
- Facial rash/redness that is cyclical in occurrence....about every other month and it feels like a horrible sunburn
- Stomach pain/cramping immediately after eating (and I have tried cutting out dairy to no avail)
- Episodes of diarrhea that can last a week or more at a time
- Inability to concentrate/memory loss - I think this is mostly due to the fatigue
Any ideas out there? Please - any help would be greatly appreciated! I am beginning to think I am losing my mind!