It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
(female)

TristaC22 HB User
Unhappy Post Ovarian Cyst Rupture...

about a month ago i was having HORRIBLE abdominal pains after intercourse and my fiance looked online and he said it's probably a cyst that ruptured. I was in so much pain i had to go to the ER and they did blood tests, urinalysis, CT Scan, X rays .....and come to find out a large cyst ruptured on my left ovary. The source online said it usually happens right before a period ....which was true. Now it's coming close to my next period here in about a week and i'm getting those abdominal pains again, but not nearly as bad as it was last month. Is this a sign of another complication with a cyst? The lady i talked to said her daughter had the same thing, and there may be complications with the right ovary my next period and i'm having pain on my right side. What do i do?

Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SentenceDoing HB User
Re: Post Ovarian Cyst Rupture...

Some women get painful ovaries while ovulating or during their period. I'm definitely one of those who feels myself ovulating about 60% of the time. I get dull pains in my ovaries. Some women are also more succeptible to cysts that keep growing after ovulation. My gyn mentioned that if this is a problem, birth control can help to "quiet" the ovaries and prevent cysts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
Re: Post Ovarian Cyst Rupture...

Ouch I went through that same thing last September and the symptoms are starting to pick up again. Tender ovaries near the start of your period are a given, but definitely look for other symptoms. Probably the most telling symptom would be pressure on your bladder. It is an odd sensation... after using the restroom like you normally do but still feeling like you have to urinate... something like that. Or even if you lay on one side or the other, that same pressure. It is possible that you could be experiencing another cystic growth already If that is the case, don't let this one cripple you with pain like the last one did. A pelvic exam wouldn't be such a bad idea... I'm going to have to call my gyn for one this week.

Once you solve your immediate problem, birth control is the next preventative tool, as Sentence said. The logic is that birth control will slow ovarian function enough to prevent the growth of cysts. Minimal ovulation, minimum growth opportunities. It does take a few months for the full effect to start, but beyond that (if the birth control formula works for you) it can be a consistent prevention tool.

I hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Closed Thread