It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
(male)

AH900 HB User
Hi guys im new i hope im posting in the right place please help

Hey everyone i found this forum by searching on google and i just have a question i really would like to have answered becasue this has been bothering me for awhile now. My problem is that alot of times i am not able to get a full satisfing breath like if i want to have a nice satisfing breath i have to yawn and even then sometimes i just cant get a full breath. Also sometimes my body feels really stressed and i have to make random arm movements and tense up my neck etc etc i dont know what all this is about but it really bothers me and i would like to know what exactly is my problem. I was thinking it might be asthma but i mean i have been to the doctor he has checked my lungs and my everything and said i am fine i even had chest xrays and everything. If it matters i dont smoke cigarettes but also my doctors have told me my heart rate is alittle higher than usual but also they have told me that it is not a problem it is just in my genes. Please any help or information can be helpful

THank you

Old 11-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
(male)

ralph23 HB User
Re: Hi guys im new i hope im posting in the right place please help

Could you be more specific in what situations you seem to not be able to get a full breath?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
(male)

AH900 HB User

yes for example i try to take a full breath and i inhale and i get to a point where its like i hit a wall and i cant get anymore air but i still dont have enough air to get all the air i need like i cant take a good deep breath.. this happens even more when i do cardio i really dont know how else i can explain this...

Old 11-20-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
(male)

ralph23 HB User

The reason I asked is because I have asthma that is mainly made worse with exercise. I very often feel that I cannot get a good, deep breath and I know exactly what you are describing. I can exercise at very, very high intensities but sometimes it requires a lot of work for me to breathe and get enough air. I try my hardest to get that deep, full breath sometimes but it just doesn't happen. Since your situation sounds similar to what happens to me, I recommend seeing a doctor again to see if you don't have exercise induced asthma. Many times, people with exercise induced asthma show normal lung signs during the regular checkups and only experience symptoms exercising.

Last edited by ralph23; 11-20-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User

I also have the same thing you have at times. Mine I believe is due to stress/anxiety. I feel like I can't take that deep breath; almost as if someone is sitting on me. Mine starts up when I eat spicey foods or eat too much in general (also have acid reflux) or I'm really stressing. Like this morning, heck of a time driving b/c I'm already stressing over the forecast!! - freezing rain/sleet/snow this afternoon.
Talk with your doctor about this. Good luck.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:21 PM   #6
(male)

AH900 HB User

I have already been checked for asthma and my doctor did not tell me anything like i have asthma or something also i had a blood test when i had strep throat and honestly i think they woulda noticed something was off if i had something wrong with my blood right? i always tell my self it can be stress and stuff but i really dont see what can be stressing me out :-\ i got some things that stress me out but i dont think it can be to that level. I read somewhere on here where somebody mentioned low blood volume i looked it up and noticed it talkin about having stiff neck also and honestly i get stiff neck and i feel the need to tense up my neck muscles and also sometimes my body just feels realy uncomfortable to the point where i have to make uneccessary movements, the low blood volume i read about also mentioned that it can cause organ failiure which kinda worried me. Any other ideas opninons?

Closed Thread